Any Torrent client for Hassio?

Hello,

I have been searching for a torrent client in Hassio but I have not found any.

I know that there this Github repo (https://github.com/pierrickrouxel/Hassio-addon-transmission) implementing a Transmission addon but it is not supported anymore.

Anyone has one working?

Install the portainer addon.

Install transmission in docker using portainer.

Does this work for any docker image? I’ve got all of my containers, including HA running natively in docker, but for a quick HA instance with a few additional containers this would be nice.

Yes it should.

I will check this and see if it works, thanks!

@nickrout I’m quite stuck while installing Transmission in docker.

I found this Transmission Docker and I’m trying to pull the image from Portainer add-on in this window:

However, I do not really know what I should write on the “Image” field. I’ve tried linuxserver/transmission with no luck. Am I doing something wrong?

I installed Transmission outside docker and running with the componnent. What is the reason putting it to docker?

How did you manage to install it? Which addon did you use it?

Because HassOS doesn’t offer a base OS to modify or install anything?

An add-on IS a docker container.

Ok, I meant which addon is he using because as far as I know there is no active addon running Transmission.

Hassos? Hassio is mentioned there…

Guide for installing transmission on Raspbian:

After that add to configuration.yaml

transmission:                                                  
  name: Torrenty 
  host: 192.168.0.111
  username: !secret transmission_user
  password: !secret transmission_pass

Yes…and it’s assumed to be a pi, yes?

How do you know he’s running hassio on Raspbian?? It’s assumed that they are running the recommended image of HassOS.

You’re assuming things, I’m assuming things, the only one that knows is the OP, but you’re still pushing that he’s running Raspbian for some reason

I’m not using Raspbian. I’m just using the recomended image for a Raspberry Pi 4.