Any Wink users with a Dome siren/chime?

Looking for someone with a Dome siren (https://domeha.com/z-wave-siren) that is willing to assist me in adding support to Wink in HA for the newly added chime functions. Also… if anyone is looking at getting a siren/chime Dome is offering a 15% sale this weekend with free shipping. So if you buy one, let me know so we can get it fully functional in HomeAssistant. At the moment only the siren functions.

Here is a link to the reddit post where Dome calls out the discount and new features. https://www.reddit.com/r/winkhub/comments/6xfo5s/rwinkhub_its_dome_and_were_back_with_a_deal_for/

Man I wish I could get this to work, I bought one of these a few days ago, got it linked to my VeraPlus, but can’t get HA to get any data from it. It doesn’t show up in HA at all :confused:

I noticed you posted in the hardware topic, you should maybe post in the feature request as well. I am assuming some code changes are going to need implemented just like with wink.

1 Like

Any luck with this? I have been wanting a chime functionality in my home automation.

I might have to pull the trigger.

Nope, haven’t heard from anyone with one even asked on reddit. If you get one let me know and we can get support added asap. Shouldn’t be too difficult.

Just an FYI I looked around for one to see if I could get one cheap just to add support and the best deal I could find was Walmart for $40.

Just ordered it on amazon should be here Wednesday.

1 Like

Awesome! Shoot me a PM when you get it setup and we can get it working in HA!

Anyone have luck getting this implemented in HA yet? I have not been able to - but it connects great with Vera Light. Alternatively, is there a way to extract the Z-Wave XML data from vera lite to use in the XML z-wave file for HA?

Shoot I just ordered one of these not realizing that HA does not support it. I don’t think HA even has a type of device / component that works as a siren, at all. I have a lot of uses for it, e.g. door chime, door locked, security siren, etc. High priority feature request from me.

My Dome Siren arrived today, paired it with Wink, refreshed HASS and it’s working great - simple test script below fires the siren:

'siren_on':
alias: siren_on
sequence:
  - service: wink.enable_siren
    data:
      entity_id: wink.siren
      enabled: True
1 Like

I have the Dome siren/chime connected to my Aeotec Z-Stick. I added the appropriate XML files to OZW for support (also submitted them to the OZW project) and so I can do all the configuration from the Z-Wave config screen in HA. The siren shows as a switch in HA and the primary siren works properly when the binary switch is turned on/off. However, there’s not a good way to use the secondary notification (chime) from HA. You could call several config settings to make it so that the switch controls the chime instead of the siren, before triggering the chime, then set them back, but it seems like it would be awfully slow. Within the Z-Wave protocol there is an “Indicator” class that supports asking the siren just to chime the configured number of times - Unlike the binary switch, it is stateless.

I submitted a feature request for that - it’s not immediately obvious to me what type of device it ought to be as a generic non-Wink device. It almost feels like a notify component.

Are you able to activate the chime? I have the Wink Lookout Siren/Chime. I am able to activate the siren, but not the chime.

2 Likes

that worked for me thanks