Anyone who has any experience with the "new" Danfoss Air integration?

Hi staal,

Have you considered a “generic” pre heater?
If you are satisfied with having an autonomous system to keep your heat exchanger free from ice (by keeping the air intake temperature above freezing temperatures), it should be possible to install another brand of preheater.

This would naturally make any intake temperature measurements invalid, when the preheater activates, but I find this an acceptable trade off…

I have been looking at an “alnor” unit, which cost around 1/5th of a Danfoss.
But with the current state of winters here in Denmark, I will wait and see if it becomes necessary…

/knoer

great to hear jonas. Im looking forward to testing it out.

Let me know and i will be right on it.

/Peter

Hi knoer.

I have already bought the preheater and I am currently installing the system. In the Danfoss Air documentation it is stated that a preheater is useful if outdoor temperature drops below -3 degrees Celsius. Its not a problem right now, but temperature lower than -3 has been recorded where I live :smile:

Best of luck with your installment.

/staal

Hi all,

So, I finished my install last week and have just connected my CCM to my network.
I added the Danfoss air component to my configuration, and I now have the boost+bypass swithes and status of bypass and away mode in my overview - but no information on temperatures etc…?
When I look at my device states under developer tools in HA, the only ones listed are the boost+bypass switches and sensors - so something must have gone wrong…

I was trying to download a copy of the Danfoss HRV PC tool to check with the CCM directly, but I have been unable to find the download anywhere.
Seems Danfoss have pulled it from their website.

Do any of you have the install file available to share with me - or a link to where you found it?

Kind regards,

Hi, try this link for the pc tool: https://www.danfoss.com/da-dk/service-and-support/downloads/dhs/danfoss-air-pc-tool-end-user/

(and a nerdy version: https://www.danfoss.com/da-dk/service-and-support/downloads/dhs/danfoss-air-pc-tool-installer/)

br
Peter

Replying to myself and all others that may find this thread.

Seems the sensors were not showing up was caused by two things:
1: my CCM had obtained a leased IP from my router instead of a fixed
2: when it was switched to the correct IP, HA needed a restart to initialize the component correctly.

All sensors are now available :smiley:

I still would like to hear if anyone has a link to the PC Tool, so I can try and see if I can contribute to expanding the options available in HA.

Kind regards,

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the link - don’t know what went wrong during my searching the Danfoss site.
I’ll try it out soon.

BR
Kasper

Hi

Super rookie HA user here - before I make too much of a fool of myself :slight_smile:

Did you guys ever make any progress in the “official integration” ? - Im asking because I have the air A2 in my house, and a heating surface that I would love to be able to control aswell…

I got a custom component from a guy on a danish facebook forum that should be able to grab information about the heating surface - from what I can tell, its not capable to setting the temp of air going in, that would be super nice though…

Hi Mads,
welcome to the forum,

I have a similar problem - I have not been able to change anything other than the boost function.

I would still like to be able to set the manual level or even better the individual level of the 2 motors inside - cooking mode (i dont have a heating surface). All things that is possible via the pc-tool or the air-dial.

Let us know if you succeed in controlling more than just the boost.

BR
/

Hi

I have just moved from openhab to Home assistant. In openhab i had the possibility of changing the manual fan step which is not possible in HA.
I am not experienced in how the communication is setup in HA and how to code it, but i have found a thread from OH that contains a lot of good information on how to do it.
Danfoss Air Unit - Ethernet-Connection - Add-ons / Bindings - openHAB Community
Hopefully either someone could help set it up or add some of the functions to the excisting configuration.

BR Jesper

Hi Jonas.
Big thanks for this integration, it is super useful.
Did you ever get around to looking at setting the manual fan speed?

4 Likes

Hi Jonas,
Thank you very much. I too am very happy user of the Danfoss Air integration. It has been spinning flawlessly for years now. Only item on my wishlist is the ability to switch between manual and humidity control from within HA. Any prospect of that feature? - or is this not possible?

Hi Kasper

I have the same issue with my setup and can only see automatic bypass, Boost, bypass and outdoor temp.

I have tried to give the unit a fixed ip, restarted HA and finally I restarted my unifi switch. But it’s not pushing any data from the CCM to HA.

Did you do anything else?

BR