Mobile App - Last Known State of All Sensors and Nodes - After Power Failure or System Shutdown

"I would like to propose a mobile app feature that can store and display the last known state of all sensors and nodes in a system, even after a power failure or system shutdown.

For example, imagine a smart home system with various sensors and nodes monitoring different aspects of the house, such as temperature, humidity, security, and lighting. In the event of a power outage or system shutdown, the app would retain and display the latest recorded data from each sensor and node.

This feature would provide several benefits. Firstly, it would enable users to have an overview of their home’s status even if they are away during a power failure or system shutdown. They could quickly check the app to see the last known values of each sensor and node.

Additionally, the stored data could serve as a reference point for troubleshooting and analysis. If any issues arise after a power failure or system shutdown, users could compare the current state of their sensors and nodes to the last known state, helping them identify any discrepancies or potential problems.

Implementing this feature would require the mobile app to periodically save the state of each sensor and node in a secure and reliable manner. The app would then retrieve and display this stored information whenever needed, ensuring users have access to the most recent data even if the system experiences an interruption.

Furthermore, I would like to highlight a personal experience where such a feature would be valuable. Recently, I wasn’t at home and relied on a wood-based heating system. My home automation (HA) system manages the temperature by automatically controlling the thermostatic radiator valves (TRVs) based on water temperature readings from sensors. However, when a power outage occurs, it disrupts the circulation of water, creating uncertainty about the state of the system. If I had access to the last known water temperature, I could have made informed decisions about heating requirements, such as using a gravity-based circulation system when energy was not available.

In conclusion, I believe incorporating this feature into a mobile app would greatly enhance the usability and reliability of smart home systems, providing users with valuable information during power failures or system shutdowns. Thank you for considering my proposal, and I apologize for any errors or confusion in my explanation.

Best regards,
Roman"