Append a property to a zwave sensor?

Is there any way to append a property onto the data stream of a zwave based sensor? Each sensor has its main value and then has other properties like the unit_of_measure, friendly_name, node_id, etc.

My use case is that I have Home Assistant for a number of things in our house, one of them is for Aeotec Home Energy Meters on a couple items, like EV charger, solar panel hookup, grid input, etc. I also have all the sensors exported to InfluxDB for some graphing with Grafana.

What I’d like to do is append the sensor value with the current utility rate. This would be a little bit cleaner than defining a separate sensor template, since the cost is dependent on the rate rather than the current value, so can do that calculation in influx an additional field for the conversion.

If anyone knows a good way, I’d appreciate it. Otherwise likely going to be customizing the influxdb component, or have an outside process read and update the records.

Hit the menu button on the left -> Configuration -> Customize
Select your sensor and add your property as “Other” in the drop down “Pick an attribute to override”.
Enter your data, and that’s it.

Ah! That is close. Can that contain a template? The value I want to include depends on the time of day, so if it will take a jinja template, that’d be perfect.

it’d be easier to make a sensor template for that