Aqara Roller Shade Driver E1

I setup the Aqara roller shade companion E1 (ZNJLBL01LM) on Z2M a couple days ago and initially everything seemed to be working properly. More recently, every now and then, the roller shade stops working with the error (Data request failed with error: 'MAC transaction expired' (240))'

I have other devices using Z2M that are working without any issues so the problem seems to be isolated only to this device. Also to note, after a while, the device works again as intended regardless of the errors still showing up in the Z2M logs. Has anyone experienced anything similar in Z2M?

FYI, using the Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus with the firmware upgrade.

Logs:

Zigbee2MQTT:error 2022-05-10 16:55:53: Error: Read 0x54ef4410003e3d6f/1
genAnalogOutput(["presentValue{"sendWhen":"immediate","timeout":10000,"
disableResponse":false,"disableRecovery":false,"disableDefaultResponse":true,
"direction":0,"srcEndpoint":null,"reservedBits":0,"manufacturerCode":null,
"transactionSequenceNumber":null,"writeUndiv":false}) failed 
(Data request failed with error: 'MAC transaction expired' (240))

Zigbee2MQTT:error 2022-05-10 16:56:21: Publish 'set' 'state' to 'window_roller_shade' failed: 
'Error: Write 0x54ef4410003e3d6f/1 genAnalogOutput({"85":{"value":0,"type":57}}, {"sendWhen":"immediate","timeout":10000,"disableResponse":false,"disableRecovery"
:false,"disableDefaultResponse":true,"direction":0,"srcEndpoint":null,"reservedBits":0,
"manufacturerCode":null,"transactionSequenceNumber":null,"writeUndiv":false}) failed 
(Data request failed with error: 'MAC transaction expired' (240))'

the signal level is good?

How do I check this?

click to acces the Zigbee2Mqtt dashboard, then in the top menu of the page (in the web interface) you will see an option called Map

The devices are linked with a line and on the line you will see a value between 0 and 255. The higher value represents a better signal.

Thanks for the clarity.

Seems like the signal is not the issue as all my devices are over 100 including the window shade driver:

Not really sure where to proceed from here.

I’m having a problem with the E1 on ZHA. I could previously set the position between 0-100 using the analog_output cluster, but in a recent release this has stopped working due to the maximum value being incorrectly reported as 0. It should be 100.

Reported here: Aqara Roller Shade Driver E1: analog_output max is 0, should be 100 - number error [ZHA] · Issue #71849 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

Have you tested this with the latest versions of HA? This was working for me, but setting the number now fails due to the problem I posted above

Yes it still works for me.
I am on Home Asistant 2022.5.4 and the maximum value for my number.lumi_lumi_curtain_acn002_analog_output entity is falsely reported as 1023 not like in your case as 0.
As I have added another abstraction level (template cover entity), that prevents moving the shade if the windows behind it are open this false maximum does not affect me, but it would be annoying otherwise.

1 Like

Silly question here.

I have setup the calibration no issues. Setup in HA via zha

However, I cant seem to control the open shut… how is everyone else doing this?

I had the same problem where the up and down buttons were not working and greyed out. It did work with the analog control option, but I wasn’t happy with that.
I upgraded my Conbee 2 stick with the latest firmware, then removed the device and re-added it in the ZHA integration and it worked immediately.
I followed this guide and I flashed deCONZ_ConBeeII_0x26780700.bin
Hope this helps some of you.

1 Like

Does updating the firmware of the Conbee 2 delete the stored ZigBee network?

I just tried updating the firmware of the Conbee 2. It does not delete the stored network. Unfortunately, removing and readding the E1 did not change anything… up and down arrows still greyed out

I did fix the incorrect max value issue, or at least find a workaround. See my comment on the Github issue here: Aqara Roller Shade Driver E1: analog_output max is 0, should be 100 - number error [ZHA] · Issue #71849 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

2 Likes

Strange…
Did you follow the calibration steps of the unit ? >>> does pressing the physical down and up buttons on the device once stop automatically at the desired positions?

I have recently bought 2 additional E1 to the previous 4 I already use and I’ve noticed something new after pairing in ZHA.
For all 4 previous E1 I’ve created the virtual cover as described in this thread. They work, but none of them exposes battery level obviously.

Now, after pairing one of the new E1 I got more sensors for the device and one of them is battery. I’ve checked the E1 is using quirks: “zhaquirks.xiaomi.aqara.roller_curtain_e1.RollerE1AQ” and it works correctly without the need for virtual cover.

However, when I paired the second new E1 it behaved as the previous ones. No battery sensor and steering doesn’t work. I also re-paired one of the older E1 and there is no change.

So my question is what could be the reason that one od E1 is configured with the above quirks and how to make the other E1 use them as well?

EDIT: Both E1 have the same firmware and I also updated one for the older units but still only one E1 is with mentioned quirks.

1 Like

absolute legend. that blind analogue thing has been driving me crazy.

I have 2 of these working perfectly and 2 newer ones with the problem mentioned above. the ones that work report firmware 0x00000e19 and the newer ones are reporting 0x00000e1b in home assistant.

Updated the conbee firmware and tried unpairing and re pairing but i cant get them working at all.

1 Like

I’m curious where I can find this firmware version. Can you give me some hints where I can check mine?

It was showing in the device page in home assistant. I have switched these devices to zigbee2mqtt as they perform far better with that integration.

1 Like

Same Issue.
Its not possible to change Max Value to 100.0 with ZHA and Sonos Zigbee Stick :frowning:

Thank you, I hunted around for this info for ages!