Aqara water leak sensor and Conbee II

I have a bunch of Mi and Aqara temperature sensors paired to my Conbee II without any problems. I can do the pairing where the sensor should be, e.g. connected via a bulb, on/off switch from IKEA as example. I do not need to pair the temperatures sensors directly to the Conbee II.

It seems that with the water leak sensor, it is impossible to pair at location. It won’t connect to a node, but connect just fine to the Conbee II itself.

Any suggestions or experiences? Thanks!

I have an Aqara leak sensor (lumi.sensor_wleak.aq1) paired via a router device (TI custom dedicated router), rather than directly to my coordinator. Paired pretty much right away. How close is your closest mains powered device or dedicated router? Maybe some of the building structure is making connectivity difficult?

Thanks for your reply. I’m only 2 meters away from my IKEA Trådlös Signal range extender, which has a good connection to the other devices in the Zigbee mesh-network.

I don’t quite get it why I can pair successfully to the Conbee II, but not to any other mesh device.

What is a TI custom dedicated router…? Never heard that.

It’s a custom-built device designed specifically to act as a Zigbee router; it’s got a TI (Texas Instruments) chip in it. I bought a pair of them from @tube0013 to help improve the capacity and range of my mesh.

Which Zigbee integration are you using? In ZHA, you can go to any routing-capable device and choose “Add device via this device” to initiate pairing via that specific router. Sadly, I don’t have any familiarity with the other Zigbee integrations to know how you would go about doing that for those.

1 Like

Thanks! I will order two TI Zigbee routers, they seem to work well with Aqara water leak sensor instead of IKEA Trådfri signal range extenders.