Argon One Active Cooling and Active Linear Cooling Addon

The icon changes between modes off, 1, 2, and 3. In the bottom right of the icon you will see the current status

Level 1

off

1 Like

Hello there! I’m really new in the hassio world, and I really love you work, its awesome really!

So I’m facing an issue and perhaps you can help me, every time I reboot the system, the sensor get “lost” and I have to rebuild your plugin to get it again, you know as new owner I’m rebooting a lot…

• Home assistant IO
  • Argon One Pi4v2
  • PI 4 v2 8g
  • SSD 64 A2
  • HassOS I2C Configurator (I did the configuration manually but did not work!)

I think this is my first post, so If you need more info, just let me know.
PD: I don’t see anything in the logs…

Have the same problem after a reboot, just restart the addon and it’s back to normal.

@anon36468094 @Curros, give it some times. I’m running the exact same setup as you @Curros. The sensor is removed from HA on reboot because it doesn’t have an appropriate database entity ID. But it will come back, along with all data, after the first update. You may need to refresh your page to see it.

This sensor is simply an API call. A normal sensor will have a recognizable ID associated with an integration. Because there is no Integration here, there is no entity upon initialization until it is updated. Once it is updated, the sensor will return. Updating requires about 5-10 seconds after the addon starts and the fan value is changed.

If this is enough of a problem, then I can update as ‘off’ upon startup. Let me know if you want this feature by putting a heart on this post. I don’t have this problem because I keep my temps low. image

2 Likes

Doing some more test, I did a reboot and after 30 min more-less the error keep showing, is true that my PI is very cold normally, and the fan is always OFF…

PD: Really thanks for the quick reply, and the interest to have it solved.

Fixed. Go ahead and do the update. Instead of starting at level 0, it starts at level -1, and is forced into 0 on the first temperature reading, thus updating the sensor.

1 Like

Also, are you tracking the change of sensor location recently? image

Sorry I don’t get what you meant…

imagen

2-weeks ago they moved the badges. Looks like everything is working fine now.

I have the same since I also have the SSD module of argon on the bottom of the case, the case is warmer.
when i had an SD card in it my case was 33 degrees now it is 44 or 41 degrees

I had an external SSD and the Pi was at 34 degrees, now I have an internal M.2 SSD and the Pi ist at 34 degrees. So I had no change.

Something is probably wrong with your hardware. Restart the addon and post the log.

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc…exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms…exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes…
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts…
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
Detecting Layout of i2c, we expect to see “1a” here.
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f
00: – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – --
10: – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- 1a – -- – -- –
20: – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – --
30: – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – --
40: – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – --
50: – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – --
60: – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – --
70: – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – --
Settings initialized. Argon One Detected. Beginning monitor…
Current Temperature 41 °C
Level 3 - Fan 3% (Quiet Medium)

Is the addon supports the Argon Fan Hat?

It should.

Yours is working fine. He was not able to adjust the fan speed. Yours says it adjusted without error. Set your temperatures lower if you wish. Mine runs about 1/2 the time at 1%.

Thats normal, some SSD gets higher temps. Just check if you have many read/write and if you find that the model is hot on the internet.

Two days after the restart, and my sensor doesn’t get updated, same “Entity not available”, I’m running your last version. :frowning:

Interestingly my M.2 SSD in the Argon Case says that it’s temperature is 43°C but the Pi is still at 36°C.

1 Like

Restart the app Will help i have the same