Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client

after I deleted the (bluetooth / ariela) known device, a new device was added with BT name (ariela), then when the BT scanner ran it created a new “_2” device.

EDIT: is there a button in Ariela to send logs ? Does debug need to be on ?

huawei_mate_10_pro:
  hide_if_away: false
  icon:
  mac:
  name: HUAWEI Mate 10 Pro ariela
  picture:
  track: true

huawei_mate_10_pro_2:
  hide_if_away: false
  icon:
  mac: BT_94:0E:6B:E2:65:C7
  name: HUAWEI Mate 10 Pro
  picture:
  track: true

Thank you. Just enable the debug option, and use the contact option from ariela. It will send me a email with logs attached.

I just had a look at the log, I’d prefer if passwords/tokens where masked :wink:

Yes, i will going to do that on next release.

Hello all,

Version 1.1.9.5 has been uploaded to Play Store.
What’s new:

• added option to use web ui instead of native android controls
  • small issues fixed

What’s on my TODO list:

• fix issue with https connections
  • add support for map
  • add support for logs
  • add option to change device tracker id
  • configure Tasmota devices directly from Ariela
  • others

Please test the new version and let me know what issues you found / what can be improved.
Have a nice day.

New web ui option is SWEET.

I’ve noticed problems where Ariela is disconnected without warning. Maybe it needs some more heartbeat/agressive re-connect options. It has happened quite a few times where I open the app and it says to connect. Now I though it was maybe related to app updates, but I’m thinking it might be due to changing connections, like ex. wifi -> 4g.

Today my alarm didn’t turn on because Ariela still reported me to be home (it had disconnected, and I’m guessing that it was when the wifi connection dropped when I left, but I was still not far enough to not be considered home).

1 Like

i am glad that you worked out the groupview thing.
now the app is workable.
only the first 2 groups show a wrong name (camsA and camsB instead of cams and camsenset)
i guess you check if there are duplicate names and it finds that the first 4 characters are identical.
but thats no problem.

the biggest issue for me now it that the widgets stop updating at some point. mostly after the device has been sleeping. and it does update when the device wakes up again.

I can set up Ariela and I get OK on server added, but after that I get “Connection to Home Assistant has been lost”.
This is the output from hassio ha logs:

2018-10-22 23:44:07 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: SSL handshake failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “uvloop/handles/stream.pyx”, line 609, in uvloop.loop.UVStream._on_eof
File “uvloop/sslproto.pyx”, line 171, in uvloop.loop._SSLPipe.feed_ssldata
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/ssl.py”, line 689, in do_handshake
self._sslobj.do_handshake()
ssl.SSLError: [SSL: HTTP_REQUEST] http request (_ssl.c:841)
2018-10-22 23:44:07 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: SSL error errno:1 reason: HTTP_REQUEST
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “uvloop/sslproto.pyx”, line 504, in uvloop.loop.SSLProtocol.data_received
File “uvloop/sslproto.pyx”, line 204, in uvloop.loop._SSLPipe.feed_ssldata
File “uvloop/sslproto.pyx”, line 171, in uvloop.loop._SSLPipe.feed_ssldata
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/ssl.py”, line 689, in do_handshake
self._sslobj.do_handshake()
ssl.SSLError: [SSL: HTTP_REQUEST] http request (_ssl.c:841)

Edit:
I use duckdns and let’s encrypt. Home Assistant 0.80.3

Edit2:
Sorry - Those error messages was not related. Please disregard. Still having the same problem though.

I an glad you like the new web UI. About reconnection, i will add some new settings regarding that.

Can you post configurations of those 2 groups?

I will investigate this, thank you for reporting.

Can you enable the logs in Ariela then reproduce the issue again, then use the contact option? Thank you.

i took a closer look and it seems that it takes the groupname and not the friendly name from the group

camsa:
    name: CamsEnSet
    view: yes
    entities:
      - group.foscamsettings
      - group.foscampicturesettings
      - group.foscam_voorsettings
      - group.foscam_voorpicturesettings
      - group.foscam_kellersettings
      - group.foscam_kellerpicturesettings
      - group.foscam_keller_newsettings
      - group.foscam_keller_newpicturesettings
      - camera.kellercam
      - camera.keller_newcam
      - camera.terrascam
      - camera.hoofdterrascam
      - camera.local_file
  camsb:
    name: Cams
    view: yes
    entities:
      - group.camsc
      - group.camsd
      - group.camse
      - group.camsf
      - group.camsg

Thank you for reporting this. The next version will include a fix for this issue.

I have a old tablet running on android 4.X and the GPS symbol is always active when using Ariela in combination with device tracker. This results in the battery being depleted in a few of hours.

I also noticed on the using android 9.0, the gps is also constantly active using the device tracker. Is there away for both case to use passive tracking, meaning if google location service get a requests Ariela uses that location to foward to HA?

Hello, in Ariela settings you can set the minimum distance / update interval of the location change. Try increasing those values and let me know if the problem persist.

After trying out the [quote=“Ionut, post:315, topic:67519”]
Hello, in Ariela settings you can set the minimum distance / update interval of the location change. Try increasing those values and let me know if the problem persist.
[/quote]

After trying out the webview, I’m unable to change the settings.

Just swipe right from the left margin. The Ariela drawer will popup.

Adjusted settings on the android 9, the android 4 will be for later.

Will keep you posted

You got mail!

Thank you. Waiting for the feedback.

Looked over the log. The new version(1.1.9.7) should fix the issue.

New version 1.1.9.7 has been posted to play store. It should be available for download in few hours.
What’s new:

• added auto-reconnection option
  • fixed issue when connection failed even if the application running in same network
  • if failed to retrieve GPS coordinates , use the latest know values
  • fixed name display of the views
2 Likes

Hi lonut,
can you please add an option to disable the gps tracking completely?
Thank you,
Aaron

Hello,
In Ariela Settings you have a option called Device Tracker. If you disable that, device tracking(battery + gps) will be disabled. Of course the device will still show in home assistant unfortunately. If you want the device to dissapear you must delete it from known_devices.yaml.