Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client

Ok, thanks! So with the device tracker disabled, the app also stops requesting the gps location from the phone or does it just stop sending it to HA?

With device tracker disabled, Ariela will not going to request GPS position and also do not send any updates to HA

I’m unable to get the Ariela app to connect to my Home Assistant. I get past the initial config of identifying my wifi network, it discovers my home assistant server and shows me the correct IP address and port number, then I provide my home assistant password and flip the toggle to indicate password instead of access token. Next thing that comes up is a message that it cannot connect. I tried “logging out” and going thru it a second time - same problem. Any suggestions for troubleshooting?

Hello,
Are you using Android P phone? If so, i know about the issue, it will be fixed today. If not please enable debugging and use the contact form so the logs can be send.
Thank you.

With reducing the updates Period to 1 hour and updates Position to 50 meters it has slightly improved do I have to say I have the feeling my battery life is still impacted on both devices.

Thank you for the feedback. I will try to see if anything else can be done in optimizing the battery life while using the GPS tracking is up and running

Yep. Android P. I’ll watch for the update. Thanks!

Hello,

A new version 1.1.9.9 has been posted to Google Play
What’s new

• fixed connection issues with Android P

Please test it and let me know if works correctly.

You fixed my Android P connection problem! Thank you!

Glad to hear that it worked. :smiley:

Hi Ionut,
Is it really necessary to enable the Location service in order run the discovery?

I still end up with the problem that after some time, it wants to reconfigure just like if I reinstalled the application.

The location service is only required for the moment when Ariela needs to detect the Wi-Fi network phone is connected to. You can skip that and Ariela will still be able to discover the server, but it will not know the home network is.
The really important problem is that “after some time it wants to reconfigure itself”. Can you share some logs regarding this?
Thank you.

Will do when I get home.
I configured the external ip and switched to use the web gui and lovelace. So far on the 4G connection is has been running smoothly.

Hello all,
Version 1.2 is uploaded to google play.
What’s new

• fixed icon display issues with battery class entities
  • fixed connectivity issue
  • small optimizations

Please test it and let me know if any issues you found. And as always, i am waiting for your ideas / improvements that can be implemented to the application.
Have a great day.

I must say, I’m a bit confused about all the disconnects, because even though it says it’s disconnected notifications still work :open_mouth: - So it’s not completely disconnected. It does however stop updating location and battery status. So it’s like HA still can connect to the app but the app doesn’t connect to HA.

I will investigate the issue.
LE: I updated the app in the playstore. Please let me know if you still have any issues like that.

I updated the app and did a simple test. I was connected in the app, I turned off wifi, so I only had 4G and the app disconnected, and did not reconnect. I reconnected manually, turned on wifi again and the app disconnected never to connect again.

Great app, love the widgets!

I will investigate the issue.

I am glad to hear this.

Hello all,
Version 1.2.1.1 has been posted to Google play and should be available in few hours for download.
What’s new: