Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client

@Ionut Hi mate when using multiple android devices and wanting notifications sent to different devices for different events how do i assign the entity_id within the automation? Do i use the device_tracker.“device-ID” that Home assistant pulls in as the entity? As per the example below?

action:
    service: notify.android
    entity_id: device_tracker.adams_phone

api and weblogin also got me troubled.
i did use api because it was an option (and my api is short and not a hughe token)
but maybe you should consider deprecating it.

Hi, just a suggestion.

Right now I’m testing Ariela to use it for my tracking needs (right now I’m using tasker).

One thing that I miss is the ability to understand if I’m in my car (when connected to a specific Bluetooth) or on the train (if a specific WiFi is available).

Because for example I use combo : disconnected to car Bluetooth to send a notification to HA using a fake device tracker that is my car .

Do you think this will be possible with Ariela?

I will do more investigations regarding your issue.

In your case it should be something like this:

action:
    service: notify.android_adams_phone

The HANotify component will create services for all the phones you connected.
Example:
use service: notify.android in order to notify all devices
use service: notify.android_phone_name in order to notify a particular device

Please let me know if it works.

Yes, API login will not be available in the next releases if the HA server version detected will be lower then 0.78

Actually you can inform Home Assistant that you are connected to a specific Wi-Fi using the build in MQTT sensors (Ariela → Settings → MQTT Sensors). That Wi-Fi MQTT sensor will have informations like IP address, current wi-fi network name, status (enabling, disabling, connected, disconnected etc).
There is also in plan adding a bluetooth MQTT sensor that will send to HA informations about current Bluetooth status (enabled/ disabled, connected devices etc).

1 Like

Very good !!!
I just bought your app.
I am very happy with your application.

Thank you very much for your support, i really appreciate it

Hello. Do you have a plan to make this app for wall mounted tablet? Features that would be nice in such scenario would be full screen mode with hidden top and bottom bars and menus and also control of screen brightness in idle mode (screen is always on and just dims after several seconds if not used). If app could work as a launcher it would be perfect.

Thank you for your suggestion, i will add this to my TODO list. Very soon this feature will be available.

3 Likes

Hi, another question:

Any plan to add paid version to family group on Android?

So I would not pay the app for every member of my family. Thank you

I would like to do that but i google developer console do not offer a application type that almost match Ariela functionality (they offer games, education etc), and i am afraid not suspending Ariela because selecting wrong option.

Hello everybody,

Version 1.2.5.4 is out
What’s new:

• fixed issue with covers open / close
  • fixed RGB color set to light
  • removed token authentication (now you can directly login with username and password)
  • fixed setup issue when the server ip is not correctly formatted

I am trying to add my sub domain hass.example.com for external access but the app still want a port to be added. I don’t want to expose another port. I’m using Letsencrypt SSL on port 443.

Can you please let me know if you could adapt the app?

You will have to put the port that the server is accessible. For example if i were to run the homeassistant server on port 1234 and expose it on that port you have to use the port 1234. In your case i suppose because you can access the server as hass.example.com, the port should be 80
Please let me know if works.

I dont have unsecured port 80 exposed, only 443 - tried with 443 instead it works.

also if you could add support for cloudflare access, by using an exposed url ie. hass.example.com/api as source, where is the base url is not exposed and secured by cloudflare acces.
https://community.cloudflare.com/t/cloudare-access-home-assistant-and-google-assistant/47382/2

Glad to hear that works with 443 port. About cloudflare i will have to look into it.

Have you tried HADashboard? Works well for a tablet except I cannot find a good one page ‘browser’ for older Android versions to run it in.

@Ionut I’ve managed to get this working with android.notify_adams_phone but it won’t work for my wifes phone. I’m unsure how the device name is decided. I’ve checked in the Ariela settings in device name and its set to charlottes phone. However android.notify_charlottes_phone doesn’t work

- alias: Notify Test
  trigger:
    platform: numeric_state
    entity_id: sensor.adams_battery
    below: 45
  action:
    service: notify.android_charlottes_phone
    data:

I can only assume the device name is therefore wrong, but after looking in my states page the only entity i can see due to ariela is device is “device_tracker.charlottes_phone” so i have assumed the name to be “charlottes_phone” Hope this makes sense

The default mqtt wifi sensor config example has some small mistakes, should not be steps.
Also the linkspeed is missing

“homeassistant/sensor/android_ID_wifi/state”
unit_of_measurement: 'steps’
value_template: “{{ value_json.steps }}”
json_attributes:
- ssid
- bssid
- rssi
- ip
- signal
- mac
- link_speed (added)

how old?
i run fully kiosk in 4.4.2 android
it runs good, allthough some functions are not working (not dashboard functions, but fully functions, like motion detection)

if you want to know more the PM, so that we dont hyjack this thread.

Can you check if all your devices are saved in fcm_android_registrations.conf . In this file you may also see all devices name.

Thank you for letting me know. It will be fixed on the next release this bug.