Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client

Hello,

I purchased the pro version and reinstall also the wear os app. Since then the wear os app is not working anymore. It’s stuck on the loading screen and eat my watch battery.

I also notice one behavior on Android. When using webui and rotating the phone to dock from portrait or the other way around, the app seems to reconnect to hass.

1 Like

Thank you for the support. Regarding the issues you are facing i will investigate them and very soon a fix will be available.

Is port forwarding and exposing HA is mandatory to use the app with push notifications?

Hi all,

I am triying to setup Ariela in my tablet but when I try to connect I get some errors about the certificate.
My enviroment is HA running in a docker on a Synology NAS and I am using the Let’s encrypt certificate used by the NAS.

Ariela app connects well HA but when I try to login it says failure. I have tried to configure the ssl_profile in the configuration.yaml but with no luck.

Here are the logs:

2019-01-05 22:09:57 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: SSL handshake failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "uvloop/handles/stream.pyx", line 609, in uvloop.loop.UVStream._on_eof
  File "uvloop/sslproto.pyx", line 171, in uvloop.loop._SSLPipe.feed_ssldata
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/ssl.py", line 689, in do_handshake
    self._sslobj.do_handshake()
ssl.SSLError: [SSL: SSLV3_ALERT_CERTIFICATE_UNKNOWN] sslv3 alert certificate unknown (_ssl.c:847)
2019-01-05 22:09:57 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: SSL error errno:1 reason: SSLV3_ALERT_CERTIFICATE_UNKNOWN
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "uvloop/sslproto.pyx", line 504, in uvloop.loop.SSLProtocol.data_received
  File "uvloop/sslproto.pyx", line 204, in uvloop.loop._SSLPipe.feed_ssldata
  File "uvloop/sslproto.pyx", line 171, in uvloop.loop._SSLPipe.feed_ssldata
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/ssl.py", line 689, in do_handshake
    self._sslobj.do_handshake()
ssl.SSLError: [SSL: SSLV3_ALERT_CERTIFICATE_UNKNOWN] sslv3 alert certificate unknown (_ssl.c:847)

This is my config:

http:
base_url: mydomain.synology.me:8123
ssl_certificate: /certs/cert.pem
ssl_key: /certs/privkey.pem
ssl_profile: intermediate
api_password: xxxxx

/certs is a mount point to the letsencrypt certificates.

Thanks in advance!!

Running Ariela Pro 1.2.5.4 on Android 7.1.1 connected to HA 0.84.6. Looking good. Thank you.

No is not required to expose the port for using push notifications. The way it works push notifications is:

• HA server send the push notification to the Firebase
  • Next time when Firebase detected that the phone is online it sends to it those notifications

So the problem is on the credentials screen(when need to enter user & password)? Can you tell me the HA version you have and if you used the web login?

@Ionut I am using Home Assistant 0.84.6, I am using the normal mode, if I choose web login it stays forever and don’t show anything. I have installed Ariela (normal version - 4-01-19) on a huawei mediapad M5 with Android 8.

Please install this apk (its the Ariela with debug mode activated).
http://surodev.com/ariela/app-ariela-release.apk
After you reproduce the issue, on your phone memory you will going to find a file in your phone memory called: ariela_logfile.log. Please send to me that file.

Also i took a look over internet about the logs you share before, and what i found is that most likely Ariela do not connect because the SSL is not quite configured properly: SSL handshake failed; sslv3 alert certificate unknown - hMailServer forum

@Ionut I sent you a MP. Thanks!!

Hello all,
Version 1.2.5.5 is out.
What’s new :

• added keep screen on option (useful if you want to prevent screen off while Ariela is running)
  • fixed Wi-Fi MQTT setup instruction issue
  • fixed crash while updating the widgets

Please test it and let me know any issues you find and of course looking forward to hear any ideas that should be implemented

WiFi MQTT still has steps as the value template mate

What does this mean?

Are SMS MQTT functions missing for anyone else?

I missed that. It will be fixed on new version. Thank you.

SMS addon was removed from the app due to Google restriction : https://www.xda-developers.com/google-play-developer-policy-call-log-sms/

I could see all “badges” in the app. In the web-ui I only see them I had in my configuration.

Are you using lovelace or standard UI?

I’m using lovelace.

By default, Ariela will add some “extra” badges entities. I suppose its time that Ariela just read from the configuration only. I will have this fix on the next version.

1 Like

(1) I’m not sure if this was already discussed, couldn’t find it, but I use some views without a title, just icons in Lovelace and can’t see them in Ariela.
If there is no compatibility for the same icon-set you could possibly replace them by a dummy, but the views would be usable at least :slight_smile:

The right two views (spotify and cctv) are missing in Ariela

(2) I can’t configure MQTT for now. I don’t see the option (newest version). Anyways, I don’t want to expose MQTT to the internet, it should only work when I’m in my local network (so I could blink a lamp when my phone is ringing or similar). Would this be an option?
Thinking of my mobile phones battery power it wouldn’t have to try sending MQTT requests when the server is not available outside my home network.

(3) And also thinking of my mobile phones battery power: How often does Ariela communicate with Home Assistant when the app is not in the foreground? The auto-reconnect functionality is nice, but 10s are very often. Maybe 30s or 60s would be an option too to update my location or similar? What is the use case of the 10s timeframe?

Great work btw - I’m still in love with the app :slight_smile:

Can you send me the configuration of one of the views so i can replicate it on my system?

You do not need to configure MQTT anymore. If the HA is configured that will be enough.

If you have the permanent notification enabled then the Ariela will be in permanent communication with the server. I suggest having this mode enabled Only if you have the external access configured.
If that mode is not enabled then Ariela will communicate with the server on a timestamp that is different from a system version to another (from 5 minute → 15 minutes)

The autoreconnection will only work if the permanent notification is enabled ( so permanent comunication with server) or if the application is in foreground.

Still? :smiley: I am glad you like the app, thank you.