Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client

Count me as another one that can’t login anymore. As you know, I’ve had this working for quite a while. Then the other day it wasn’t connected. Don’t remember exactly when it stopped connecting so I can’t correlate it to an update. Anyway, I have the same symptoms as a couple of other users have reported, no place to put a token, and web login credentials don’t work. This also means I have no way to send debug logs without d/l your debug apk. I’m assuming you’ve already gotten logs from the other folks, if not I can d/l your debug apk linked earlier and send you my logs. Thanks.

Hi,

just to let you know that I buyed the pro version and noticed that Ariela can be included in the family group apps.

I sent you a Ariela debug log about problem logging in. Also tried Ariela on my tablet where I logged in with token a while back. It seams that I can use it without problems till log off, after that I’m stuck in the same place.
As I mentioned I renamed log to. XML as otherwise I was not able to upload it to message. I hope that this will help.
Thanks for your work.

Hi @Ionut,

In new HA update (0.85.0), MQTT have a different way to config json_atributtes from sensors. It was replaced with "json_attributes_topic". I really don’t know yet how it works, but I you know anything about this, please help me with this config. Thanks!!

You can send the log file to [email protected]
Thank you.

Today an update will be posted that should fix the issue.

Hi, i tried to include Ariela in family group but i do not know exacly what the category should be:

(role playing games , creativity, action and adventure, music and videoclips, thinking games, education).
I am afraid putting a category wrong will make Ariela out of store.

I sended you a PM with a debug version. In theory problem should be fixed but please let me know if isn’t.

Just manually configure and replace json_attirbutes with json_attributes_topic. I will make an update for this that will do it.

Hi. I just found your amazing app, and i’m testing it.
I just found a problem. I have some picture-glance with my cameras as background, and controls on the lower part of them.

1. most of the controls are black, on a dark opaque bar, so if the cam picture is somewhat dark, there is no way too see any control

2. some controls are missing. For example, all climate control icons appears outside all picture-glance, all in the bottom of the page. And some switches/sensors are missing. They are all fine in the web view.

Anyway, if you like, i can be a beta tester. I’m an IT guy :slight_smile:

Can you share a screenshot of it?

If you are using lovelace then its fine. If a card is not supported then any entities from it it will be put in a entitities card. Regarding switches / sensors missing i will need the logs from Ariela (enable debug mode , restart the app and use contact function to send). Also it will be nice to have screenshots from Ariela / Web view so i can compare).

Just found that maybe there is place only for 3 controls on the picture-glance, the other go missing. I tend to have 5-6. Now that i have chaned one of the picture-glances, ony of the climate moved to it’s place. The other is still outside all picture-glances.

The picture glance entities in Ariela can be scrolled. What’s happening if you press on a entity from picture glance and scroll left? Does the other items appear?

Ahhhh yes, it can be scrolled. Now i see all controls. But i still have one climate outside. Gonna find if it’s different from the other one that is in the right place.

That’s what i meant for “black controls on a dark opaque bar”

Even the first picture-glance is full of controls.

Got it. I think if i change the color of the icons to white or something should be enough to be seen.

1 Like

I just change the name to json_attributes_topic, but it dowsn’t work. I think there is a new way to put the attributes.

You will have to wait for ariela update that uses “_topic” appendix. In the meantime it should work with json_attirbutes (it was deprecated, not removed :smiley:)

Ohh!! now It’s clear Hehe , thank again !:+1::grinning:

@Ionut Why there isn’t possibility to log in to HA via long-lived token in Ariela 1.2.5.9?

Please update to 1.2.6 (1.2.5.9 has a connection issue)

The long lived token authentication has been removed and replaced with user / password (same like web Ui does). In the end if the user & password are correct a permanent token will be created that will be used to communicate with HA server.
I believe this is the easiest way to login , it was hard for users to create a token then send it to phone then paste it into Ariela. Please let me know if you have any other questions

OK, thanks for information.

I updated the application to version 1.2.6 and now I can’t log in at all. I get a message that I have to enable api_password in the http component configuration. I don’t use and I don’t want to use api_password.

That message is not actually relevant and should be updated. Can you download debug apk from here, install it and try to setup in order to retrieve logs : app-ariela-release.apk
Thank you.