Arlo: replacement pyarlo module

Sorry guys. I got it working. There was also a permissions issue on the folder. I got it working but now my battery_level is reporting in the camera but on the card its just yellow. Anyone experiencing that?

@Ben_Ellis

If you hover your mouse over it or click what does it show?

@Ralf You can now use https://github.com/twrecked/hass-aarlo as a custom repository for HACS.

I’m going to generate a PR to get me into the default list.

edit: https://github.com/twrecked/lovelace-hass-aarlo will work for the plugin but the card name is different!

2 Likes

Not having much luck installing this…

I added it as an integration source, and the arlo component shows up, however when I install it, nothing happens and it doesnt show up in my installation list.

@winter A restart? Both are appearing under the OVERVIEW tab for me.

Actually looks like a problem for me, I can’t get any integrations to install. The plugin worked fine though. I’ll debug…

Permissions error, typical :slight_smile:

All good now.

Excellent. I was starting to worry…

Aarlo is now in HACS.

Both integration and plugin are supported.

1 Like

Thanks very much!!!

/ Ralf

I tried to run the latest version installed via HACS, but when checking the configuration I get an error:

Invalid config for [aarlo]: [refresh_devices_every] is an invalid option for [aarlo]. Check: aarlo->aarlo->refresh_devices_every. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 379). Please check the docs at https://home-assistant.io/components/aarlo/

@ffm777 That’s working for me. Can you check the permission on the aarlo directory. This command will also tell you which version is installed:

grep version custom_components/aarlo/__init__.py

Did you reboot after installation?

I’m on version 0.0.18

Now it is working. I had to restart HA without the “refresh_devices_every” option first. After the restart I could add the option and then the config check worked fine. Now restarting HA with the “refresh_devices_every” option. Let’s see how it goes.

I didn’t have to do anything like that so let me know how it holds up.

If you’re feeling brave try the plugin, I just tidied up the JavaScript code to make it (hopefully) neater and use less resources.

Yeah. Already installed this one, too. One thing I noticed with the aarlo card is that it shows an empty battery for cameras which are connected to a power supply without the battery installed (with the battery installed it shows a full battery). Maybe you could change this to a plug symbol or something similar.

Did the old JavaScript work? Anyway, I’ll take a look tonight.

I have just installed both - integration and plugin via HACS - seems to work for me without changing my previous config - nice work - still stupid that HACS can invoke integrations or plugins without restart but hey at least everything in one place …

nice work @sherrell - as usual …

No. The old one also showed an empty battery when the camera is plugged in and the battery is removed.

Steve actually fixed it once when I reported it would need to go back to check what release

@ffm777 I reproduced the problem here. I’ll fix it later. I think I’m missing a state change.