Asuswrt Component multiple router support

Since this feature was migrated to be a component, I have not found anyone that can tell my how to support multiple ASUS routers. I have a main router, a router handling my VPN traffic, and an extender in AP mode. Now many of my devices still say away because they pop up on the AP router or it is something that lives on the VPN’ed subnet.

My assumption is that the Component does not support multiple routers like the Sensor version did, So what do you all think about a change to get back the functionality that existed before?

Bumping this up…
Does no one else need data off of more than 1 Asus router???

This would be extremely handy to know how to do, for those of us with multiple VPNs between different sites that run Asus routers. I would love to be able to see data from all of the endpoints in HA.

I also have multiple Asus routers, and would love to integrate all.

FYI I’ve developed a pull request for a redesign of the asuswrt component, making it a pure device_tracker component (which facilitates having multiple AsusWRT routers, as well as other trackers, of course.)

The PR is marked as a “draft” as:

1. I am new to developing code for HASS
  2. This removes the sensor capabilities of the AsusWRT component
  3. I have not written test code or documentation or ensured the code is formatted correctly
  4. I am soliciting feedback on architecture

But I wanted folks to be able to try it out and give me feedback, and I wanted to get this to work for me.

As an aside, I run my two AsusWRT routers as access points and while I get mac addresses from them both now, I do not get the “name” of the clients. It’s curious that the AsusWRT UI shows IP/name when it’s an OpenWRT router doing DNS/DHCP.

PR link: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/39772

I’m checking it out for sure.

It appears this redesign was dropped due to not being able to move to the platform level config?

Will it be refactored to support two or more routers at the integration level?

In for this feature please