Asuswrt device tracker broken in 0.86


#21

Still failing in 87.0

Unable to read from router on 192.168.1.1:23


#22

If you are using non standard ports indicate it on yaml configuration file.
For me it’s working fine in all 0.87 versions for ssh using key


#23

Could you help elaborate your setup, and maybe share a snippet of your yaml?

Also when you say working fine. Are we talking about both device tracker and asuswrt sensor?


#24

I just upgraded to .87 and was able to get asuswrt to load without errors. I’m getting devices in my known_devices.yaml and the ones I’ve manually marked track: true are showing up in my devices list. Here’s my code;

asuswrt:
  host: 192.168.1.1
  username: admin
  password: !secret asus_password
  protocol: ssh
  port: 22
  
device_tracker:
  - platform: asuswrt
    host: 192.168.1.1
    username: admin
    password: !secret asus_password
    new_device_defaults:
      track_new_devices: false
      hide_if_away: false

#25

that’s exactly how I’ve got mine setup and working.

Not sure whether thats correct as it goes against what the documentation says for the device tracker:

“The platform will be automatically configured if Asuswrt component is configured.”

but, I suspect either the documentation needs to be updated, or something needs to be rethought, as you often want to add extra parameters to the device tracker such as the new_device_defaults, or consider_home, etc. Also feels wrong having the credentials twice, but given it’s working, I haven’t had the heart to mess around with it given the instability!


#26

Here is my setup. Tracker & sersors works, but I’ve sensors ignored because I don’t want it:

asuswrt:
  host: 192.168.1.1
  username: !secret asuswrt_login
  ssh_key: rsa_key
  port: 22
  protocol: ssh

- platform: asuswrt
  interval_seconds: 30
  consider_home: 90
  new_device_defaults:
    track_new_devices: false
    hide_if_away: false

discovery:
  ignore:
    - igd

#27

And still working after some hours? I read in other topic sensor stops working after some hours


#28

Yes, it’s now working for me since yesterday (aprox 20hr) when I updated to 0.87.0.


#29

This is my yaml

asuswrt:
  host: 192.168.1.1
  username: admin
  password: myrealpassword
  protocol: telnet
  port: 23
  sensors: []

device_tracker:
  - platform: asuswrt
  #   host: 192.168.1.1
  #   username: admin
  #   password: myrealpassword
  #   protocol: telnet
  #   port: 23
    consider_home: 360
    new_device_defaults:
      track_new_devices: false

The host, username, password, protocol and port are commented out from the device tracker as noted in the documentation

When I restart my hassio, sometimes works for some time and the errors again


#30

Per this, looks like it is/was related to the openssl that hass.io calls.
https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/20513#issuecomment-460245975

So just checking - is everyone here that gets asuswrt working under hass.io?


#31

i’m running HA in a docker container, not hass.io


#32

I’m using Docker and it stops working after a few hours with the following configuration:

asuswrt:
  host: 192.168.2.1
  username: xxxxx
  password: xxxxx

but now that @GoNzCiD says that it has been working for him for 20 hours, I’m going to try to authenticate with RSA.

I’ll let you guys know how it goes…


#33

Okay it stopped working after 12 hours … it’s a shame.

At least it doesn’t work for me.


#34

Is it the device tracker that stops working?
Have you tried defining a separate device tracker as the above examples show?

Do you get any errors in the ha log after the failure?


#35

Thanks for asking… I haven’t tried to set up a separate device tracker yet, but I’m gonna give it another try.

I’m getting these errors:


2019-02-08 05:01:14 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.device_tracker] Updating device list from asuswrt took longer than the scheduled scan interval 0:00:12

2019-02-08 05:01:27 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.device_tracker] Updating device list from asuswrt took longer than the scheduled scan interval 0:00:12

2019-02-08 05:01:40 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.device_tracker] Updating device list from asuswrt took longer than the scheduled scan interval 0:00:12

2019-02-08 05:01:53 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.device_tracker] Updating device list from asuswrt took longer than the scheduled scan interval 0:00:12


#36

maybe you have any problem with the router/lan configuration and you are getting a timeout, I’ve been watching my logs and I can see it’s asking about every 10-15 seconds.
My router is an AC87U and I use merlin firmware.
asuswrt tracker is working for 5 days for me in 0.87.0 running in docker.


#37

Perhaps the Asus or Merlin firmware could be the culprit. From the release notes for the latest Asuswrt Merlin firmware 384.9:

- KNOWN ISSUE: Networkmap listing may be unreliable.
             (Bug in Asus's code)

Edit: apparently Asus changed the code that determines which clients are connected. Now not all connected clients are showing up in the list. Mentions on the SNB forum are confirming the issue.


#38

Okay this is my config:

asuswrt:
  host: 192.168.2.1
  username: xxxx
  ssh_key: '/config/ssh/asuswrt' 
  port: 22
  protocol: ssh

Then I added a separate device tracker:


device_tracker:
  - platform: asuswrt
    interval_seconds: 15
    consider_home: 90
    new_device_defaults:
      track_new_devices: false
      hide_if_away: false

It has been working for the past 18 hours, so let’s cross our fingers.


#39

I haven’t updated the software on my router because of that… Actually I have the previous firmware. :slight_smile:


#40

keep us posted :crossed_fingers: