Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

Don’t go Sungrow - local access via Modbus has been removed and their web portal is a bit slow to update (+ no custom component exists) :rage:

I have an SMA inverter and integrates well with HA without any issues. Fronius and SMA appear to be the industry leaders from what I remember.

You are correct! I found the previous discussion.

I have Enphase microinverters which also work really well with Home-Assistant.

Can view production, consumption (assuming you have the consumption CT’s installed) and each individual panel’s generation. Production and Consumption updated every 60 seconds and the panel level generation every 5 minutes.

3 Likes

Awesome, thanks. Generation per panel is an awesome feature.

Any luck with it?

Anyone tried flashing the “Stirling” WiFi tower fan from Aldi? Unfortunately seems to be running the latest Tuya firmware with the new PSK (02).

Has a TYWE3S chip, but the UART lines are connected to a CMS89F6385B MCU.

I’ve tried for hours, but the best I can get is a bunch of gibberish coming out over the UART lines. Tried multiple baud rates (9600, 74880, 115200), tried pulling EN to VCC, RST to GND for a few seconds, and am definitely using a stable (separate) 3.3V supply with grounds ties with the FTDI module.

I wasn’t able to locate a RST-type pin on the MCU to pull down. But regardless, I presumed with GPIO0 tied to ground, I’d still see something before the MCU started meddling with the output?!

IMG_20201231_125113|415x500

When I flashed my Bunnings Smart Fan Controller switch, it too just echo’d garbage from the serial interface. After trying all the baud rates, and not getting anything readable, I just ran Tasmotizer and it eventually connected fine and blew away the stock F/W.

The only trick to it was holding GPIO0 and RST to ground, clicking Flash, then releasing RST, and two 2 seconds later releasing GPIO0.

1 Like

FYI, the power monitoring plug that is dying on me (giving nonsense readings) is the Arlec PC399HA.

It was a pain to open, it was a pain to flash… And it died on me rather quickly… I wouldn’t recommend it. I may have gotten a lemon… But it just doesn’t seem worth trying again given the hassle it was to flash.

Does anyone know anything about the Brilliant Smart 20927/05 security light/camera? I looked on blakadder templates site. A bit expensive to just take a punt.

Just saw this it has an optional TUYA module you can plug into the controller

2 Likes

Glad you got these going and thanks for documenting for anyone else.

Side note: I just wanted you to be sure that you realised these switches aren’t certified for use in Australia. Some people think that by purchasing from an Australian shop means they are approved for use.

I personally don’t care, but just thought you should know.

How do you know they’re not certified?
I specifically asked the owner of the business and he assured me that that are certified for use in Australia.

They are supposed to have a certificate to say they meet the standard.

like this
3a Smart nue devices

or

Arlec Deta 1 gang

I was bored and tried to lookup the greenhouse international ones, without much success. I tried to lookup the 8W1-8 1 gang from your earlier photo. That doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist though. I did find their responsible supplier reg: E3505, which looks like ACMA only reg.

https://www.eess.gov.au/

Actually I take that back. The pictures you provided do show the regulatory compliance mark which does indicate that the product is certified.

Usually the vendor will provide the certification number to confirm compliance on their website. If I was paying for an electrician to install this equipment in my house, I would take the time to ask the vendor to provide you with the certification number. Should only take a few minutes as they will have it on record.

While I’m not implying this is the case with your product, it was common for the RCM logo to appear on Chinese electrical products many years ago and no certification had actually taken place.

Edit: I had a lot of trouble reading all the text on your original rear of switch photo. I realise now that the URL on the back is actually the vendors website, so this is looking more legit now. I was concerned that this was a generic non-compliant knockoff as there are literally thousands of non-compliant devices so easily available. I’m guessing now that this is a compliant product. Sorry to raise so much concern.

1 Like

I wasn’t concerned at all :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have two Fronius Primo 5.0-1 inverters that I would love to connect to my Home Assistant system.
I just installed it, and managed to hook it up to my Unifi WiFi. :slight_smile:

I saw your thread about https://github.com/safepay/sensor.fronius and I downloaded it, and tried to install it. Opened up ssh connection to my system, and added the three files as specified to the custom_components, as well as to the configuration.yaml.

I see some items popping up under Entities, but not under Devices, nor Integrations.
Also, when I click on one of the Entities I don’t see any data. Don’t seem to be able to fetch anything.
I tried the URL the sensor might be using (according to the read me file), http://192.168.1.226/GetInverterRealtimeData.cgi?Scope=Device&DeviceId=1&DataCollection=CommonInverterData, and this one do not exist.

Is there anything I have missed in my ignorance, or am I doing something wrong.
Appreciate any and all help and suggestions.

I don’t think you’ll get devices or integrations, but that is not a problem.

Ok, Tried this one https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/fronius/ and this one seems to work directly.

1 Like

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to let you all know that the Yale Unity Entrance Lock is compatible with HA!

I just installed it today with the intent of integrating it as a HomeKit lock but I was able to use the built in August integration to handle it via the access bridge.

It’s a (really) expensive lock but I was able to get it on sale last week from JB so that took a little sting out of it.

3 Likes