Auto-Discovery is no longer working

The auto discovery worked fine the first time finding all my hues (after pressing the button), and all sorts of stuff I had no idea this could actually control! However after I restarted the docker container nothing that had been discovered was found again.

This is my log:

17-04-19 21:50:29 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "uvloop/future.pyx", line 374, in uvloop.loop.BaseTask._fast_step (uvloop/loop.c:112704)
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/discovery.py", line 112, in scan_devices
    None, _discover, netdisco)
  File "uvloop/future.pyx", line 230, in __iter__ (uvloop/loop.c:110600)
  File "uvloop/future.pyx", line 432, in uvloop.loop.BaseTask._fast_wakeup (uvloop/loop.c:113980)
  File "uvloop/future.pyx", line 101, in uvloop.loop.BaseFuture._result_impl (uvloop/loop.c:108900)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 55, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/discovery.py", line 137, in _discover
    for service in netdisco.get_info(disc):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/site-packages/netdisco/discovery.py", line 104, in get_info
    return self.discoverables[dis].get_info()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/site-packages/netdisco/discoverables/__init__.py", line 40, in get_info
    self.info_from_entry(entry) for entry in self.get_entries()))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/site-packages/netdisco/discoverables/__init__.py", line 40, in <genexpr>
    self.info_from_entry(entry) for entry in self.get_entries()))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/site-packages/netdisco/discoverables/yamaha.py", line 13, in info_from_entry
    yam['X_serviceList']['X_service']['X_controlURL'][1:])
TypeError: list indices must be integers or slices, not str

I do have a yamaha receiver so I wondered if that was the issue, so I added if to the ignore, but it didn’t stop the issue

discovery:
  ignore:
    - yamaha

Any ideas?

I had the same issue and it seems that the netdisco dependency was not being installed at startup. Upon trying to install in manually, I received an error stating that I needed Microsoft Visual C++ 14 .0 to proceed.

Hope this helps as I’m currently downloading the MS visual c++ build tools to remedy this situation.

I think my issue was a bit different. Turning off my Yamaha receiver would bypass the issue. However with 0.43 this no longer appears to be a problem for me.