Automated Notification of Energy Entity Power Usage

I just installed a Vue Energy Monitor and via a HACS Integration it creates 3 entities for each circuit monitored. Monthly, Daily and Minute energy consumed.

I am trying to create a notification using the Minute entity so when it detects power above 1 being used and then the power goes to 0 it triggers a notification. I know how to setup the notification but I can’t figure out the trigger. I’ve used a Device trigger type and when the circuit I want to monitor is selected it gives me the option to select if ‘power changes’ as the trigger and then allows me to input three values; Above and Below and a Duration . I’ve tried several combinations to try and trigger it, I.E. Above 5 Watts and Below 1 Watt, but no luck.

When I bring up the Entity history I can visually see where it monitors the power is on and the power is off .

Appreciate any ideas, thanks.

Fist of all don’t confuse power and energy. They are two very different things and you seem to be using the words interchangeably in your post.

To monitor if the power is above 5W use a numeric state trigger:

trigger:
  - platform: numeric_state
    entity_id: sensor.your_power_sensor_here
    above: 5

This will only trigger when the state crosses from below 5W to above 5W.

To do the same thing but only trigger if the power has been below 5W but then crosses to above 5W continuously for 3 minutes:

trigger:
  - platform: numeric_state
    entity_id: sensor.your_power_sensor_here
    above: 5
    for:
      minutes: 3

Thanks tom. Using a numeric state did the trick.

Can we make a similar notification on weekly base looking at the previous week?
So when gas consumption is x% higher (of lower) then last week. With a message that contains that %

Not like this, no.

Please start a new topic.