Automation - state changed from under to above value

Hi all. I made a lot of automations in my hassio. but i cannot solve the following problem.

I would like to let the rollershutters go down when humidity in the bathroom is changed from under 70 to over 70.

The following is working:
When humidity > 70% than rollershutters go down. When i than manually let them go up again and humidity is still over 70% it will go down again and i dont want that.

Thats why i need this: state changed from unter 70 to over 70. Because than it gets only triggered once.

So i found a solution myself but i still would like to know if i can check: Changed from unter 70% to over 70%.

My solution:

I add to the automation action: deactivate automationrule and i write another one with. If changes to under 70% humidity, activate automationrule.

If you post your automation we can check what is the problem.

• action:
    • data:
      entity_id: cover.fibaro_system_fgrm222_roller_shutter_controller_2_level
      position: ‘25’
      service: cover.set_cover_position
      alias: Feuchtigkeit Bad Rollladen
      condition: []
      id: ‘1514811065049’
      trigger:
    • entity_id: sensor.humidity_158d00016d0d0d
      platform: state
      to: ‘above: 70’

Try using numeric_state as in the docs, it should tigger only once;

And please, next time use a code block to post your code, or use the < / > button to format the automation properly. Let me know if it works. And… Happy new year :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you. It works. I thought it would trigger every time the value changes and is higher than 70. My fault. Thank you