Axis camera component

Great! Weird, but great!

Yeah, I saw that they decided to keep it as well…

Are you still getting the setup takes over 10 sec message?

You could try to minimise your config temporarily to only axis platform and change logging levels to debug to see if we can get any wiser. https://home-assistant.io/components/logger/

is this component working with docker image v0.46 with python 3?
Cause I can’t add the camera… everytime it say that there is something that don’t work on the yaml file… but it’s correct

If it says it’s a yaml problem it probably is. Anyway let’s have a look at the logs :slight_smile:

Regarding python3.6 I’ve got it to work on my environment by renaming the library’s shared object file from 34 to 36. But others haven’t been as lucky… There are descriptions earlier in this post how you go about that

I have different problems… I have tried to configure camera throught the configurator… but all parameters I’ll put there I can’t configure the camera… it says always there is a mistake on the input… could you please share with us an example?

So for workaround the configurator I’ll tried to do make an .yaml file with camera information but without luck.

this is my configuration

Configuration.yaml:

axis: !include axis.yaml

axis.yaml

cameraaxis:
    host: 10.10.10.201
    username: !secret axis_usr
    password: !secret axis_pwd
    include:
      - camera
      - motion
      - pir
      - sound
      - daynight
    trigger_time: 0

It looks like all the configuration in the Axis.yaml is indented. I think it shouldnt be like that. Anyways, this is a generic hass thing so I recommend you to look at the examples for when using sub-files

Have you tried to limit the configuration to the bare minimum?

yes without luck

So I guess what you need to do is a as simple as possible configuration.yaml and then share your logs

homeassistant:
  name: H
  latitude: 1
  longitude: 1
  elevation: 1
  unit_system: metric
  time_zone: Europe/Stockholm

frontend:
config:
http:

axis:
  camera:
    host: 192.168.0.90
    username: root
    password: pass
    include:
    - camera

And just as I pasted my reply I saw that you have indented the include items extra

include
  - camera

where as it should be

include
- camera

Hi @Robban,

Thanks for your awesome work, the setup of my Axis was so easy!

I have one question, I can’t get the motion detection set up, I assume this is the limitation of my firmware. My Axis camera only goes up to firmware 5.20.2, I wanted to confirm with you if this is in fact the case.

If this is so, is there any other way you know of to get motion detection working?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Thanks for those kind words! :smiley:

As far as I know, the metadata stream is not available on 5.20 firmwares (5.50 and later), thus meaning needing a separate way to get triggers to HASS. There is a old thread that me and a couple of other guys where discussing using CGI to let the axis event system to communicate with. But we didn’t pursue it further, we didn’t get any information saying it wasn’t doable though.

Thanks for your reply @Robban,

I hope I’ll find a solution, otherwise I guess I’ll have to buy a new ip camera :wink:

1 Like

Well, if it comes to that. It’s a big market :wink:

Are you in the U.K.? I get axis gold partner pricing, so could help you out and save some money. Have a look at the axis product or selector on their website, useful to help find the right choice.

1 Like

@robban, i got the component to work in the docker instance (i can’t say exactly how and what made the difference).

I have a question. I have a M3114 which i have upgraded to latest version which is 5.40.9.8 and the camera works in the sense i have configured it and the image is shown in HASS but there is no binary sensor for the motion part. What exactly is required from 5.50 firmware that this one does not have ? Is there something i can do to make it work ?

i get

2017-06-12 14:05:59 WARNING (<concurrent.futures.thread.ThreadPoolExecutor object at 0x7f0b8c885dd8>_4) [requests.packages.urllib3.connectionpool] Failed to parse headers (url=http://10.10.0.79:80/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi): [StartBoundaryNotFoundDefect(), MultipartInvariantViolationDefect()], unparsed data: '' Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/requests/packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 398, in _make_request assert_header_parsing(httplib_response.msg) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/requests/packages/urllib3/util/response.py", line 66, in assert_header_parsing raise HeaderParsingError(defects=defects, unparsed_data=unparsed_data) requests.packages.urllib3.exceptions.HeaderParsingError: [StartBoundaryNotFoundDefect(), MultipartInvariantViolationDefect()], unparsed data: ''

@Robban do you know how I can disable the persisten configurator for axis? cause I can’t configure it with the component but I can see it on all my tab… and it ask me to configure axis camera everytime.

My understanding is that the framework for metadatastream was released together with 5.50, so there is nothing you can do to fix that. Is your product the M3114-R? Because the M3114-VE got 5.50.

It is part of the discovery component so something similar to

discovery:
  ignore:
    - axis