Bad LQI signal performance with zig-a-zig-ah stick

Hello,

I’ve purchased a ZZH stick and received it last week. I’ve paired two hue bulbs and two aqara devices on Z2M, and the LQI is not very good. I use Zigbee2mqtt for paring devices.

I’ve connected my stick using an extension cable and already tried different positions of the antenna. It’s connected currently to my NAS although I did some tests with my desktop computer and an intel nuc and the results were the same.

My Aqara devices and one of the bulb are in the same room as the stick, just 2 meters away. I would expect at least 200 LQI but the bulb doesn’t go above 90 lqi. The weakest signal comes from my last bulb, located in the next room, 7 meters a way with an indoor door and plastery wall.

Here’s a screenshot of my devices:

Therefore, I have not migrated all my remaining hue bulbs and aqara devices as they are located even further and the signal will be a disaster.

Is there a problem with my stick? Or are these value OK ?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hello.
I have the same stick, same sensors and I’ll using z2m too. My values are similar to yours. I must say that it’s lower than what I was expecting with this stick.
If you find a solution, let me know!

I’ve wrote to electrolama support (zzh stick vendor). The guys told me that ‘LQI values are therefore meaningless in the context of the whole network’ and that the more router we have, the more solid our mesh network will be.

The support told me that as long as we have a perfectly functional network, we shouldn’t care about these LQI values.

Thanks for following up!
I actually have no problem with my network, so I guess they’re right…

Yep, I think they know what they are talking about. I will invest in another zigbee coordinator one day, and make some comparisons.

For know, I’ve invested in some ikea plugs to act as repeaters and will place some of them everywhere in my house.

I also think I will stick my hue bulbs to the hue bridge instead of HA/Z2M, as I’ve heard that they are bad repeaters and can cause some loose connections for my aqara sensors.