Basic installation

I’m feeling pretty stupid at the moment as I’ve been trying to get home assistant working on a raspberry pi 4 2gb for the past few days. I’ve tried the method reccomended here but can’t get the Pi to appear on my home network.

Its connected directly to the router with an ethernet cable, has the card in and is powered on but nothing is apearing on either the web page or my routers “Connected devices” page, is there a problem with the hardware or should I try a different installation method?
Thanks in advance

Connect to screen/TV to see what’s going on.

Okay, I thought the direct installation was headless, do I need to do anything to allow the pi to show on the screen?

If you connect a monitor then it’s just another computer. The installation is generally headless, so something has gone awry. Are you able to ping homeassistant.local? Do you have lights on your Pi ethernet port?

It is headless, it can be done without screen attached. However it does not and the cause is probably on screen

Hi @m0wlheld and @CO_4X4
It turns out I’m an idiot, decided to set it up over wifi and its now working, thanks for taking the time to offer help though

1 Like