Best camera with motion sensing for HASS?

I’m looking for a few cameras for my house, both in- and outdoor use.

I want them to work with HASS and are especially interested in getting motion alarms from them.
Is there any cameras someone can recommend?

I’m interested in the same answer as well. I do have some older Foscam in the home, but would really like to be better system in place.

@ZyberSE I think another tthing we need think on is the location of those camera’s and the powering of them, as well if seeking pan and tilt control. POE camera’s are nice as well to run a single Cat5 line to the camera and provides easier powering. and possibly better placement options without needing a power source nearby. CCTV type are a possible option as well, but seems to introduce another level of integration.

I’m also in the market for some new cameras. I haven’t found a good place to buy them yet, but I’m thinking of replacing some of my foscams with these:

They’re only be $99, but they are not PTZ or outdoor cameras as far as I can tell. I don’t have any personal experience with them, they just seem like they’ve gotten some good praise for being a cheaper camera. It also sounds like you need to install their free nvr software and re-stream from it.

I’ve got a couple of Hikvision cameras that are great cameras, really good quality, good IR, PIR for motion detection. But I haven’t worked out how to get their motion sensing alerts into HASS yet. They do have external alarm outputs, so I’m thinking hooking that up to an ESP8266 or similar, run MQTT on it and then bring the alerts into it like that.

I bought a couple of Vstarcams based on a recommendation here from another user and I’m pretty happy with them.

I have not set up HA with motion detection yet but they work really well with the Generic MJPEG component.

Amcrest cameras are really cool too!!

interested too

I use motioneye for recording
It allows command line output on motion or record capture …So I send On/Off to HA to ON/OFF sensor

Ffmpeg motion component is another option but this never worked for me