Best external Z-Wave hub - best device support?

Just can’t get it to work at all. Or rather, I did get one node working, but all lost after a reboot. Had to remove z-wave from config.yaml and delete the files from the config directory to get the Z-stick to come up again. Now I have the z-stick, but I cannot get the sensors to join.

Can’t say I have confidence in it.

I’ll see how I go once my NUC is ready to take over from the RPi in a few weeks (I’m about to move house so its been put off a little). I’ll post back here with the results

1 Like

If it struggles on reboot, have you checked that it binds correctly? Sometimes it changes from for example TTYACM0 to TTYACM1. Then HA goes bonkers.
You can circumvent the problem with UDEV. Check Here!

1 Like

Uh,… basically you’re saying you went the opposite route and you’re happy with it… Maybe I should borrow a VERA first and see how it goes. I find OZW being a struggle when it comes to secure connections

Yes, OZW and the Aeotec have been good for me. I have 2 locks using secure connections working fine.

Thanks for that, I’ll give it a try.

I moved my HASS instance with Aeotec Z-Stick from RPi3 (running Hassbian) to NUC (running HA in Docker container). The Z-Stick was plug and play, worked correctly right away.

I would like to know If I could use HomeAssistant with the Samsung Mesh routers (which act as a hub as well)? I would use Samsung purely as a hub and home assistant for the automations (as others have described). Would it work? Even offline? Thanks