DISCONTINUED HA Client - native Android client for Home Assistant

Hi all.
Version 0.1.3 is rolling out in nearest hour:

• ‘Report issue’ in main menu added. Will navigate you to HA Client repository on GitHub right to issue creating page
  • New Log View feature: ‘Report to GitHub’ will try to open Issue creating page in HA Client repository with log entries already inserted to issue body
  • New Log View feature: ‘Copy to clipboard’ will copy all log entries to clipboard
  • State change events removed from log to leave space for more important messages
  • Default icons for scenes and media players added
  • Main menu now hides on item tap
  • Version suffix removed
4 Likes

Thanks! Great job!

Where I can get the access token? Thank you all

What HA version do you have? It’s all there in Documentation, section: Authentication.
http://ha-client.homemade.systems/docs

1 Like

Is there a smart watch function planned ? I’d love seeing this

He has plans to include Wear OS.

1 Like

Hi
Is any chance to implement multilanguage to this app ? I am ready to help with translating POLISH language.
Maybe good option will be share this project also on GITHUB not only issue problems ?

2 Likes

Yes, it is planned. And yes, the project will be shared on GitHub.

Only good news :ok_hand::sunglasses::muscle:

Click your name in ha then scroll to the bottom

Thank you all, I made it

Goooood time of day for all of you, guys.
I’m happy to announce 0.2.0 alpha release that will land to Google Play in an hour or so:

• Automatic main view creation . If you don’t have group.default_view configured it is not a problem any more
  • Separate Entity view page available by tapping on entity icon, name, or state . There you can change input values (supported one). History and attributes is coming
  • input.number, input.text, input.boolean support
  • input.number slider right on card
  • Card UI building refactored
  • Massive data model refactoring and optimization
  • Views count issue fixed
  • Some spelling fixes
2 Likes

Hi

Do you plan to do something with acceptance of self signed certificates?

Thanks!

Yes, I’m searching for solution

1 Like

Thanks, that explains why with the previous version I did not see anything. Since I only use Lovelace, I don’t have such config entries in place. Awesome of you to build this app, best of luck with future developments. Once Lovelace support is in place, I will be looking into this app in more detail and help testing. Thus far it is looking very promising.

1 Like

0.2.1 is coming to Google Play. Last version publishing took more then 3 hours, so I will not give any estimates for current release. It is uploaded and now all depends on Google Play =) I’m waiting for this release as well to update the app on my real device =) So here is what you’ll get:

• input_select support
  • input_datetime support with beautiful native Android date and time pickers
  • input_number slider fixes and improvements
  • input_text fixes and improvements . Input now shows on card and can be edited there. New state will be saved on focus out
  • Last updated time for entity is now displayed as duration
  • Trim spaces for card name
2 Likes

There is a known issues in 0.2.1 with input_text:

• wrong value set
  • sometimes input focus is fucked up

Just don’t edit input_text in 0.2.1.

0.2.2 is rolling out:

• Massive entities presentation refactoring . Improved UI building speed and memory usage
  • Fix input_text wrong state value set
  • Fix input focus issues
4 Likes

0.2.3 is all about connection and speed:

• Message queue - now you can change entity state even if there is connecting or data fetching pending. State change event will be sent after success connection. Messages in queue is not immortal and will expire in 50 seconds.
  • Connection improvements
    • Prevent second connection opening
    • Reconnect on state change if there is no connection
    • Connection timeout improvements
    • Socket disconnection handling improvements
    • Slow internet issues fixes
  • Switch state assuming - it will return to previous state if there is no state change event from server during 2 seconds after switch was tapped
  • Inputs now has responsive width

Rolling out now.

1 Like

Hi there,

Awesome app!
How about showing the setup screen at the first app start instead of an error?

Or a tutorial or something like that

Would enhance the user experience

1 Like