Xiaomi Gateway Integration

Tap the button of your Gateway three times. A chinese woman talks about pairing a New decice. Push the small button of the new device. The voice will confirm the success. The button should show up now.

Are they at least available in the MiHome app?

Thanks @syssi I am able to add the square Wireless button and it is showing up in MiHome app. Only problem now is that instead of what I called out earlier as the enhancement of 1-click, 2-clicks, 3-clicks & 4-clicks, I am only able to see 1-click and 2-clicks. :scream: This is even worse than the original xiaomi button! I do hope that Xiaomi will update it soon.

They are all visible.

Good they will work, and await integration with HA

You know, I have difficulty in remembering what does 1 and 2 click. 3 and 4 click… not sure they are useful

Going through the thread I see two main questions. 1.When component will be included in HASS. 2. Confusion with other Xiaomi wifi devices.
There was mentioning of nice Git repo. According to it all xiaomi wifi devices uses ONE protocol. We can have unified component for all xiaomi devices with wifi interface. Git repo includes lib and protocol description. Unfortunately I not python developer but I would love to help and develop unified component. What do think? Here is the link to repo https://github.com/OpenMiHome/mihome-binary-protocol

I have already fully utilized the current xiaomi button…of course 3 or 4 clicks is not that easy.

1-click: On group 1 room lights
2-clicks: On group 2 room lights
Long press: On/off gateway light.

The mirobo component is a perfect starting point. It just needs to be extended by additional devices.

guys, I want to get started with the Xiaomi sensors because it’s affordability.

If I integrate the Gateway with HASS, will it still require internet that connects to Xiaomi’s server or it will be used as a dumb hub for sensors and remain 100% local network?

The gateway on gearbest seem to be Chinese plug, how are you guys get it work in the US?

The latest aqara motion sensor does include a luminance sensor, which is the same as the one built in Xiaomi Gateway (2nd). This new device just came out last month in mainland of China. You guys are quick.:astonished: I guess many people never realize that Gateway itself already has luminance sense function, so you can image the support for the luminance sensor is weak.

Guess we have to give kudos to Gearbest for letting me have it so fast. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

We do know that the Gateway has a luminance sensor. Unfortunately it is not much use as its value range from 300+ to 1200+ but usually around those values. On the other hand, I am seeing a better sensor/reading from the motion sensor. It is measured in lux and range from 0 to some value. Below is a sample graph so far since i set it up. Do ignore some extreme initially as I was moving the sensor around different places. I have now put it in one location to try get better understanding of it.

1 Like

Nice work! I noticed that people complaint about the pour support for this new product at Xiaomi official forum because the Xiaomi app only offers one pre-setup condition for automation and you can’t add customs setup. Thank god we have HASS, making it possible to achieve something beyond the official level. I am definitely following your progress. Cheers~

relative values are not good enough?

At least not in my case as it is quite difficult to do automation on. With some light, it is already at 1292lm and does not differentiate after that as can be seen from the graph below around the time of 7.15am - 7.30am when Sun start to run. Of course I could still use that if I really wanted to, just not as useful for what I wanted to do. Hopefully I can achieve with the new motion sensor.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I tried also neo coolcam motion sensor and light sensor and is erratic (light values l.
Same problem with Bruh diy sensor.

Awaiting Xiaomi

piece of crap neo coolcam:

For now still have to wait as none of the new sensors are working in HA yet. Praying hard that Xiaomi update the gateway firmware soon and then either @Danielhiversen or @rave update support for them.

can you please show me a direct link on Gearbest to the sensor that WORKS with HA at the moment? i’m trying to buy but dont have a clear idea what works what doesn’t

All the old sensors that are Xiaomi branded instead of Aqara. Their shape are round instead of squarish.

http://www.gearbest.com/alarm-systems/pp_616359.html

These devices are supported as well:

The single key version should work also. Last but not least: