Xiaomi Gateway Integration

they are as of 3 hrs ago. in @Danielhiversen’s repo

I have just added support for the new window door sensor and merged @tommyc pull request. Does the new motion sensor still doesn’t work? I assume @tommyc fixed it. :slight_smile:

Don’t see any issue with the new motion sensor, both motion and lux works correctly with mine so far…

1 Like

will they get added in this repo too?

Which repository/fork do you use? The fork of @Danielhiversen supports all new/square devices now.

rave’s repo, i had troubles with daniels repo as the multi interface support was not given and caused issues. probably its solved meanwhile.

Use the opportunity and switch. :wink:

i switched and i see 2 unsupported devices in the log, these are my temp/humid/air pressure sensors.

okay got it working.

sensor.pressure_xxxx unknown friendly_name: Pressure_xxxx
battery_level: 41
unit_of_measurement: hPa

The value is unkown.

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your great work. I’ve updated the gateway firmware but I’m still unable to see squared wireless switch on the MiHome app (Android). How can I acheive that ? Can HA handle these switches without seeing them in the app ?

All the activity is perfect timing, as I’m about to order the gateway, plus a few temp/humidity/pressure sensors (the square one) and the new motion sensor (with the lux reading). Are both of them now supported with these new updates?

Hi guys, I had some problems earlier about getting password from the local network communication protocol
I couldn’t exactly get the password initially since I’m getting ‘current device does not support this feature’

So I navigate to the gateway information and selected ‘encryption’ tab anda I was able to see the password by enabling the LAN communication protocol.

Only problem is I’m getting ‘method not found’ error when I wanted to confirm it.

Is this how normally it should work? Should I just cancel and use that password?

Maybe try use another device for setup? Is your firmware up to date on your gateway?

updated to the latest commit and lux is now showing. Thanks!

I only have that gateway in my setup, it’s the old one (not online radio)
Or can I only get the password from from gateway 2nd edition?

Honestly not too sure.

Also does anyone know if http://www.gearbest.com/alarm-systems/pp_610095.html these work with the component at the moment?

As far as I remember reading before I bought my gateway, only v2 of the gateway supports the developer mode/API, which the basis of the communication with Home Assistant.

May I know which version do you have now?

I see, I guess this should be noted for pairing with home assistant
One more thing, can I still use the motion/door sensor without adding the gateway to HA?

I’ve got the new one.