Xiaomi Gateway Integration

Literally bought everything a couple of weeks ago and now they get updated! :frowning:

the old look better to me: more tiny

26 cm wide … who has such small windows???

It’s just motor. You’ll need rails.

ahh I see, I never saw one, I do not understand well how they work

Not entirely true. Unless you buy just one. I’ve been keeping an eye on them and they drop them to 11.99 quite often, and you can buy a second one for around ~ $8, which makes the price per unit to $10. Banggood will sell them to you for $9.99/each if you buy 3 or more. But I bought one to test for $8 and I’m waiting for such a price drop again so I can buy several more :smiley:

Hi Guys,

I Just wanted to throw my two cents into the ring.

Currently using new generation Xiaomi gateway with 3 door sensors, two push button switches, and motion sensor. It is seems very stable and works great.

Big props to @rave for creating this project and making the whole thing possible.

I am currently running the fork by @Danielhiversen. Very impressive improvements and very stable.

I have been running it for a while now and I feel that it is ready for the big time.
Hope to see this in the main repo soon.

Cheers Guys, awesome work.
Beers for all!

2 Likes

You’re right. I didn’t account for the multibuy combos from GB that are on the original sensor.
IMO geatbest > bangood :slight_smile:

I like the old designs more, especially the wireless switch.
They new Aqara line has the same functions as the old ones?

Has anyone had to replace the batteries in the sensors? At me the charge indicator drops very fast.

Sure I can understand this, but maybe I don’t explain well what I mean in my question: To activate a button, physically I use a finger. How can you use a door/window sensor as a button? Sorry for my rasty English, I’m from Sicily! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:Thanks!

The main component of a door/window sensor is a reed switch:

You need a magnet to close the switch. I have removed the reed switch and replaced by the normal wall switch. If you toggle the wall switch the state of the sensor changes from open to close or vice versa. That’s all.

3 Likes

No indication either way yet.
Guess is that they function identically.
Unless they have same zigbee device type identifier as the original devices then its likely that the 1st step needed will be to see support for these devices in the Xiaomi gateway app.

That’s so simple! Really thanks for explain how the sensor works! Tomorrow I’ll try an automation with the work that u shared above and a philips hue

Hello and thanks a lot for your nice work!
I have an issue that I would to solve or at least to understand if anyone had the same problem
Anytime I restart my Pi, I lost the connection with the gateway and the only way is to unplug and reconnect the gateway itself to the power supply and everything start to work again in few seconds…
Can anybody explain this behavior?
Thanks in advance

It’s looks like something in your network config. Component on HASS start sends broadcast request to discover gateways. Based on replay component opens socket and listening for gateway messages.

Thanks for your reply!
Actually I have just used my provider’s router and both gateway and Pi are connected to it…
Do you suggest any change in the router configuration?

Currently use rave’s bench.
Put it into custom components folder than manually sim linked to the root (as git puts into a different directory). Can somebody please post simple solution to switch to Danielhiversen branch?
Or even maybe rm -rf and than how to clone the git into the custom_components folder?

1 Like

@syssi at the end I build this :slight_smile:

I’m using it with a Philips hue, all is fast and reactive!

5 Likes

Hi,

How it works do you have an example or video?

thanks