Binary_sensor.workday_sensor - how to add the python 'holidays' to Hass.IO

Hi
I have just installed HASS.IO; As I understood - it is in a container. This also means, I cannot install ‘holidays’ based on python now in my HA installation. How can I include the ‘holiday’ information?
'hope that is clear…
thx

The workday binary sensor uses holidays. Add that with your correct location and you’ll get all the holidays python holidays.

thx; I thought I have to enable or install the ‘holidays’ python script;
very helpful :slight_smile:

Nope, it does everything for you.

To enable the workday sensor in your installation, add the following to your configuration.yaml file:

# Example configuration.yaml entry
binary_sensor:
  - platform: workday

Is there a sub location option?
I live in Scotland which has some different public holidays from England which are both part of the UK

Sure:
province string (optional)
Province/State code according to [holidays]
(https://pypi.org/project/holidays/) notation.

Hi, I want to create a sensor template which should calculate the last WORKING day of the current month.
For that I need to exclude weekends and holidays. Workday integration is good for evaluation whether today(or day with specified offset from today) is a working day.
But I need to check whether multiple dates (in sequence with steps -1 from last day of the month) are holidays or not. Installation is based on HassOS so the installation of custom components is not so free.