Blink Component not appearing in Home Assistant

Hi Everyone and merry Christmas, so I made the switch from Homebridge to HomeAssistant the other day and to be fair, the switch went flawlessly.

I have HassIO running on a raspberry pi 3+ with Phillips Hue lights and several Cheap as chips amazon smart plugs and they all work great, piece of cake to setup and configure, much easier than with Homebridge tbf.

So thought id integrate my blink camera’s into the system by adding the blink: component - simple as peas I thought but they don’t show up at all.

Ive trying enclosing the username and password in quotes and without and neither make the blink thing appear.

I’m running the latest ver 084.6

Can you post your configuration for the component? It should look like this (don’t post your actual username or password, though!):

blink:
    username: [email protected]
    password: somepassword

Do you have any errors in your log?

sorry for the late reply, all sorted now, I had typed the extremely long password wrong lol

However, now I’m trying to get the motion sensor to activate my outside light, here is my config any idea’s why its not firing.

• alias: motion detected front
    initial_state: false
    trigger:
    • platform: state
      entity_id: binary_sensor.blink_front_cam_motion_detected
      to: ‘on’
      action:
    • service: light.turn_on
      entity_id: light.outside_light
      id: 8649313623f24b69be5d49d99c344118

Its ok, I’ve ditched home assistant and switched back to home bridge, works better with my apple Homekit based system.

sorry I could not get this to work as easily as Homebridge :frowning: