Bluesound NAD Issue

I have a multi room audio system with NAD multi room players and amplifiers using Bluesound. I used the bluesound integration but HAAS sees the multiroom player as only 1 player (NAD CI 580) I guess since it has only 1 IP address. Bluesound and NAD have drivers for commercial controls systems (Creston, Control4, Elan, etc.) and Roon has found a solution but I couldn’t find any info on it on HAAS. Did anybody experience this issue, are there any suggestions to make it work?

Hi,

I’m the developer of the Bluesound component. The problem with the multi room player is that I don’t have one to test on or to inspect the protocol on. Bluesound doesn’t have a open API for it’s players, which means that I hade to inspect traffic between players and other control apps. And since I don’t have a multi room player I won’t be able to learn how the players work. Sorry :frowning:

If someone could inspect the traffic and help me with what I need I would be able to fix this, but until then the component won’t support multi room players…

Hi Anders,
Did you have any luck with getting access to a multi room player ?
I just installed mine last weekend and would be very interested in getting this to work. I’m not very familiar with home assistant (moved over from smart things on a couple of zwave devices) but would definitively love to help you out.

Hi Anders,
Thanks for developing for Bluesound component for HA.
I’ve got a NAD CI580 like to OP. Essentially it has 4 Bluesound units in one system (Zones) that work independently. The platform only has 1 IP address. To address each zone Bluesound differentiates with IP Ports which your code allows for. My problem is no matter how many ways I configure the .conf file it will only find the first or last entry (zone) and then only one media.player entity is created. The best outcome for me is that there are 4 media.player entities created, one for each zone, that I can then control independently. The commands are available to group and un-group which I do very rarely. The ports are 11000 (default), 11010, 11020 & 11030.
Hope this provides some clarity. If you require packet captures I can get them for you, just let me know what type of commands you would like to capture.

Regards,.
Rich