Broadlink IR Climate Component

Hi, you are using the latest code which is compatible only with the upcoming version 0.84.X. Please use this code instead, but remember to update again when you install 0.84

1 Like

This is a great idea, I am going to implement this ASAP. Thanks

aha, thanks! I will give it a try :slight_smile:

For me it is broken in 0.84 (Docker/Hassio):

2018-12-12 23:47:24 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] Error loading custom_components.climate.broadlink. Make sure all dependencies are installed
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/loader.py", line 92, in get_component
    module = importlib.import_module(path)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/importlib/__init__.py", line 126, in import_module
    return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 994, in _gcd_import
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 971, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 955, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 665, in _load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 678, in exec_module
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed
  File "/config/custom_components/climate/broadlink.py", line 14, in <module>
    from homeassistant.helpers.restore_state import async_get_last_state
ImportError: cannot import name 'async_get_last_state'
2018-12-12 23:47:24 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] Unable to find component climate.broadlink

Yep. I’m getting the same error in 0.84.1 VENV.

Check the new version on Github, it worked for me.

“Restore states through a JSON store instead of recorder (HA 0.84)”

1 Like

Thanks mate. Working again. :+1:

Hi there,

Great work!

Anyone got this working with Toshiba air conditioners? I have a Toshiba RAS-13N3 split system and would like to control it via HA.

Cheers,
Pete

@Vassilis

Hi Vassilis,

I’ve updated to 84.1 and have and error with climate.broadlink. No info about breaking changes for broadlink. Do you have an ideia on what it could be?

Have you updated to the latest version from GitHub?

@Vassilis is there any way to support sleep mode?

I did found it after posting :sleeping:
thanks for your reply :slight_smile:

Added Actron Air RG61E3/BGEF IR codes.

I have finally created an INI file for my Toshiba split system, and submitted a pull request on the GitHub repo.

Unfortunately, since upgrade to 0,84, it doesn’t work anymore

1 Like

See above mate. The latest version on github works.

Guys, I’m struggling with this component for a few days. But they didn’t have the codes for my AC (Consul Facilite Portable AC). So I’m trying to get them myself.

#1: what’s is this “idle” code for? What is it supposed to do?

#2 If my AC is off and I press any button to change the “state” (temperature, mode or fan speed) my stupid remote control only change the state. It doesn’t turn on the AC AND set it to the desired state.

So using this climate component, if the AC is off and I set it to “cool low_21”, for example, the AC doesn’t turn on. It just change the state. After changing the state I have to click “off” again to turn it on.
And since the off is a toggle button on my AC, the state says its “off”, but it just got turned on…
Does the “power” button on your AC also works as a toggle? Is it common?

Thanks in advance!

@BrunoZumba

#1. idle = off. Basically the state your AC is in when it’s doing nothing.

#2. I’m not familiar with your AC manufacturer. Basically, the way I use it is to not use the physical remote. Put it away or hide it. Then do everything through home assistant.

Not all AC’s are the same. Mine for example sends all commands for speed, mode, temperature, etc in one IR command. You will need to work out how yours works and learn the codes. It’s a painful task, but once you have it setup, it works great. Then intergrate it with Siri, Alexa, Google Home, and just use voice commands.

Yeah… that what I was afraid of… lol
So, what’s the difference between the comand I send for Idle and the comando for off?

My AC also send all the “states” command in one IR code.
But what I think mine differs from others is: my remote controller is never “off”. It is always showing the states (temperature, mode, fan, etc…).

With this in mind, let’s say that the temp is 21º, mode is cool and fan is low.

Scenario 1:
When I press “temperature up”, I only scan the code that CHANGE the states to: temp 22º, mode cool, fan low (aka: [cool] low_22)
Scenario 2:
But when I press “POWER” I scan the code to “TOGGLE” power AND set temp to 21, mode cool, fan low.

On scenario 1, if the AC is on, everything works perfectly. The temp is updated and thats it.
But on scenario 1, if the AC is OFF, nothing happens. It DOESNT turn the AC on and set the states.

On the other hand, with scenario 2, if the AC is ON, since it toggles POWER, it turn it off.
But on scenario 2, if the AC is OFF, everything works perfectly. The AC is turned ON with the states correct.

I would really like a code that “says”:
If the AC is on: change the states to temp = x, fan = y, mode = z.
If the AC is off: TURN IT ON then change the states to temp = x, fan = y, mode = z
But i think my stupid AC doesnt do it…

The door sensor is priceless. I was going crazy when someone turned on/off the AC from the remote :slight_smile: