Broadlink RM Pro + Livolo Switches + RF learning woes

I was wandering if Geeklink switches are controllable with a RM pro. Seems the same. (Ay least Livolo is controllable with RM pro even if they are different companies).
Geeklink produce a hub, just like Broadlink for their switches, but I find RM pro better.

Why Geeklink you may ask, because Livolo has a darn dim led in their switches (hard to see even in dark).
I also tried Funry (aliexpres) and I love the light, very bright blue when on, perfectly visible in the dark when off.

If you can use and know how to import geeklink hub to HA. Please kindly advice and how to into HA. I myself, do have geeklink hub as well and now it is in the box never used.

My question is whether I can control Geeklink switch with a Broadlink RM pro ,or not.

geeklink switch is the same as livolo switch.

Hi guys,
Thanks for all information here, I got it working on all my switches. I still have some doubts:

• How do I get 2-way switches (2 and 3 buttons) to work with more than 1 scene? When I try to teach the 2º scene it forgets the 1º. Im trying to do the ON/OFF thing.
    I could do it on the single 4 button swtich.
  • Does any one knows if using arduino with Superheterodyne RF Receiver

Hello,
Thanks for all the information you are sharing here.
I am also using Broadlink and Livolo switches, but I am facing the following issue.
If I use a single button Livolo switch (type : VL-C701R-1), I can use On only scene and Off only scene on the switch. Both command work perfectly fine.
But, when I try to do it on a 2 gang switch (type VL-C702SR-1), I cannot have the two scenes on a button. I can only have 1.
Are you facing the same issue ?
Any idea to solve this ?
Thanks in advance for your help.

I think I found the answer. According to the descripton of the remoto control from livolo at aliexpress the rules are:livolo

Some people here said that they could record more than 1 scene on 2 way switch, though i really dont know how.

Could be possible to configure 2-way switches with RF as master of the other one and at the same time slave from the other one and then configure one with the scene of turn off and the other one with the scene of turn on?

Summary:
Switch 1 with RF slave from switch 2
Switch 2 with RF slave from switch 1
Switch 1 configured with scene Turn On
Switch 2 configured with scene Turn off

Could this configuration works?

I wanted to configure two 2-gang switches to work in two way and at the same time be controlled by my HA with broadlink rmpro

I am running into a problem with the Livolo 2 ways light switch learning the code, so hopefully someone can help out please…

for the 1 way switch I can just gen the on only/ off only and the switch can learn it just fine.

but now I have got some 2 ways switch, I could get it to learn the on only code, but once I learn the off only… it seems like it removed the “on only” so I could only get 1 code to learn.

then I also tried doing the “toggle” and “all off” commands… so I send the toggle command for the “On” command and “All off” for the “Off” command… this seems to work… but there seems to be some mis-firing with the “toggle” on command… sometimes it doesn’t do anything, and sometimes it does the toggle twice…

I would really want to get the “on/off” command to work with the Livolo… can anyone help out please?

thanks,

Wilson

Hello tomrabelo,
you are absolutely right.
I have bought a 1 way 2 gangs, and then, my pb is solved!
Many many thanks !!!

Hi @wilsonmanmcp.
We have found just 2 messages before yours that 2 way just support 1 scene (the magic dedicated ON and OFF commands are made using scenes!!!). So you won’t get more than one scene working with 2 way livolos…

I personally found livolo not so good as I thought… because the reception is not that stable!!!
I would tell you use another switch… because I have already 5 livolo switches (1, 2, and 3 gangs with 1 and 2 ways and I won’t take them to my new house…

thanks for the reply , what other switch do you recommend, I have 2 brands at home, 1 is the Livolo, the other one is Eruiklink, personally I agree Livolo is NOT EASY to use/learn at all. the Eruiklink is much better. but the problem is they don’t support 2/3 Ways switch, so all my 1 way switch at home are Eruiklink, where the 2/3 ways are livolo. I am trying to avoid “WIFI” version as it requires Neutral wire. so if you can suggest other brand which support US 2/3ways RF switch that would be great.

cheers.

Wilson

Hello,

I am running my electrical cables in the apartment now and was going to buy Livolo 2way/2gang with RF thinking I can control them with Alexa/GoogleHome using the Broadlink RM pro or Logitech Harmony but when I red the above now I am in doubt.

I can run neutral wire now without any problems and may be buy wifi switches but since I will need lots of switches I like the diy option of Livolo where I can have 3x2 glass plate or any other option/combonation. Are you aware of any other brand 2way/2gang wifi switches that would work with the livolo glass plate?

Thanks a lot!
Deyan

Did you figure out what’s the problem with v30 firmware
I’m also trying to send to livolo the RF code with not successes

Does v30 able to learn code from livolo remote ? Can you update to v20028 ?

No i’m not able to learn livolo remote
Where can I find v20028 update?

Use econtrol app, select device list, press back button, select gear on top right, device info, firware upgrade

v30 is the latest
what should i do?

I think they are different hardwares and can’t use each other firmwares. And I did not figure why!!! I got the easier solution buying another rmpro, onde they are useful to control IR devices in many rooms, including AC, there is always space for another unit!!!

Using the IHC app from broadlink I could see a different name on both RMPRO. one is called rmpro/pro+ and have v30 as the latest firmware and other is called just rmpro and have v20028 as the latest firmware. Chinese hardware made by different people maybe!!!
And a last thought: give up Livolo switches. They are not that good for the job.