Broadlink RM Pro + Livolo Switches + RF learning woes

Yes! this what i need!!

tyjtyj, you’re my hero!

I’ve started testing remote ID’s (as per your page’s suggestion, only IDs divisible by 4) and found 26 (one for each of my switches) that work.

Some switches are still a bit stubborn, but for the most part the codes generated work perfectly.

If I understand correctly by the instructions on your page, you first have the switch learn button 10 of a particular remote, so that it responds to the remote’s ALL OFF button, then you have the switch learn a SCENE button, so that you can emulate an ON command.

However, you can also do this using two scene buttons instead of the ALL OFF, so you can pair two switches per remote instead of one.

First put the switch in learning mode (hold for 5 seconds) and send the SCENE1 code.
Then put the switch in learning mode again, but immediately turn the switch off, and then send the SCENE2 code. The SCENE1 code will turn the switch on, while the SCENE2 code will turn it off.

Also, grouping many switches with one SCENE code for ON and either ALL OFF or a second scene code for OFF is a good way to control groups of lights. Of course you can send each code for each switch separately but this turns the switches with a considerable delay, while when in a group, they all switch together.

One thing I found out though is that two-way and three-way switches do not like being part of more than just one scene. If you assign a two/three-way switch in a scene, and then assign it also on another scene, the previous scene gets deleted from the switch.

Finally, if you are controlling the switches through Alexa, and some switches fail to switch the first time and need the command to be sent again, you can create multiple entries of the same switch in Home Assistant with the same codes (as Philips Hue mock devices) and then put them into a group in Alexa. This way, whenever you tell Alexa to turn on or off the group, Alexa will send the same code twice, so if the first time fails, the second will succeed (or as many times as needed for stubborn switches)

Could you give me just one ID you got?

I spent 1 hour testing almost 50, and got none!!!
It seems I am doing something wrong…

I’m using the send_packet service from developer tools…
for example: with ID 7600 - button 10

{ “packet”: [“soAmABMGBgYGBgYMDAwGBgwMBgYMDAYGBgYGBgYGBgYMBgYMBgYGBgYGAAA=”]}

And none of my 9 gangs accept any of them…
I just tested sending a known working code that I already use and the gang get it…
Can not explain that…

Tried already cleaning all switch gangs holding for 10 seconds and still only accept those code I was already using…

I started with 7400 which works for my gangs and then incremented the ID by 4 (ie 7404, 7408, 7412 and so on). Usually one works and one doesn’t, or sometimes I get two in a row working or two in a row not working.

Fortunately I have a gang installed right next to my computer so it was easy to test by putting the gang in learning mode, sending the code (twice to make sure that it didn’t fail the first time) and if I heard the beep of the succesful learning, I proceeded with unlearning the code and wrote down the ID of the remote along with the codes for button 10, scene1 (on only) and All off (off only).

Are your Livolo in european form factor or us?

I cannot use switch.broadlink_send_packet_ip to send data packet.
Want to test if it can work.

Mine were bought from aliexpress, and they all are US form:

Trying on this one:

I have 4 Livolo switches with, 1, 2 and 3 gangs, all bought from aliexpress…
None of them can learn any tyjtyj website Base64 code…

Tried all buttons already, and nothing…
They still only learn the previous sync 4 button remote… btw, I bought three 4 button livolo RF remote control to teach the switches 3 years ago…

Could it be perhaps that your switches operate at RF 315Mhz instead of RF 433Mhz?

I got mine works by export from e-control to HA then make as swtich. It is not 100%. I do have the big remote not the small one but cannot import from remote directly to e-control.

I would like to test for the scene mode as all on and all off. However, I cannot use the code from https://www.tyjtyj.com/livolo.php20 . May be because I just update 0.62 or something else.

Got it working by changing to another RM-PRO I have on my bedroom…
I have two RM-PRO bought on different years…
The first one has the firmware v30 and is not working with codes generated by tyjtyj website…
The second has the firmware v20028 and is working normally with the codes…
Can not explain why!!!

mine is v20028. when i try with the service tool switch.broadlink_send_packet_ip , broadlink never show the blue light to send the packet

You should review your JSON service data.
It should be like this:

{ “packet” : [ “soAmABMGBgYGBgYMDAwGBgYGDAwMBgYMBgYGBgYGDAwMDAYGBgYGBgAAAAA=” ]}

1 Like

Thank you very much. I will try again this evening.

Can you please show in full to use in dev service.

I try to copy and paste from your post - invalid json

Mine has to be

{ “data” : { “packet” : “JgCMAJWRFDYUNxMRExITERMRFDYUERM2FDYUERMRFDYUERM3ExETNxMRExITERMSExETERQQFBEUNhQ1FDYUNxM3EzYUNhMABduUkxM3EzYUERMRFBETERM2FBITNhM2FBITEBQ2FBETNxMSEzUUERQRExITERMSExETEhMREzcTNxM1FDYUNhQ2FDYUAA0FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA” }}

I´m not home now, but have you tried changing only the code?

Using Broadlink from the first drop menu and send_package_IP on the second…
And the JSON I use is that I wrote:

{ “packet” : [ “soAmABMGBgYGBgYMDAwGBgYGDAwMBgYMBgYGBgYGDAwMDAYGBgYGBgAAAAA=” ]}

I read someplace it was necessary those [ ]…

Tonight at home I will try the syntax you wrote…

I have to use like below in dev-service

{ “data” : { “packet” : “soAmABMGBgYGBgYMDAwGBgYGDAwMBgYMBgYGBgYGDAwMDAYGBgYGBgAAAAA=” }}

And like this:

{ “data” : { “packet” : [ “soAmABMGBgYGBgYMDAwGBgYGDAwMBgYMBgYGBgYGDAwMDAYGBgYGBgAAAAA=” ]}}

HASS for 0.61 and above

Correct json is

{"packet": [
"soAmABMGBgYGBgYMDAwGBgYGDAwMBgYMBgYGBgYGDAwMDAYGBgYGBgAAAAA="
]}

HASS for 0.60 and below

{ “data” : { “packet” : [ “soAmABMGBgYGBgYMDAwGBgYGDAwMBgYMBgYGBgYGDAwMDAYGBgYGBgAAAAA=” ]}}

I managed to decode the remote id i think. refresh the page will tell you more about remote id

Can you explain further “turn the switch off”
Do you mean

1. put in to learn mode
  2. touch switch to turn it off
  3. send the scene 2 code

This also mean you are telling livolo that scene code 2 is off scene ? I did not know about this feature.

UPDATE: I updated my page after checking on livolo scene video.

Thanks @aMUSiC

Thank you so much. I will try again this evening.