Broadlink RM Pro+ RF Not Working

I’ve successfully added my Broadlink and I could learn IR codes from the developer > call service > switch.broadlink_learn_command.

However, trying this with RF gives me “Did not received any signal”.
Using the IHC app, I was able to record this RF remote.

I have both e-Control and IHC app installed, however when I look in the SDCARD /broadlink/newremote/SharedData, I do not see the 4 json files.

I’m using the hass.io installation.
Any suggestions?

I have the same problem,
Which type of broadlink you put in configuration.yaml ?

Use the old eControl app and then select to backup to cloud. The files will then be written to disk. Use the script to extract the command from the JSON files.

The learn command doesn’t work for RF on the RM Pro+, tried all combination of the device type.

I couldn’t get Hassio to learn the RF codes directly.
I’ve used onkytonk solution https://community.home-assistant.io/t/rf-remotes-with-broadlink/6291/121?u=mateola

“…What I did was use the IHC app to learn the codes first. Then I triggered Learn_packet from within HA, and pressed the newly learned button in IHC.
And that worked!!..”

video about this configuration:

1 Like

Hello, i am also having trouble getting RF codes in HA.
Now the i find this post, i used this last suggestion about IHC, i didn’t learn a new button, instead when i call service to learn packet, then i press the button i had previously learned in IHC, and i got the code in HA, a very long code, i pass the code for on and off to my configuration.yaml file, but when pressing the button in HA, i see the light in broadlink RM Pro, but nothing happens with my device (a RF curtain motor).
What might i be doing wrong? Ill keep trying to see if i can make it work.
Thanks for any suggestions.

To anyone who still hasn’t managed to make their RM PRO+ learn using HA, have a look at this thread: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/19564

Hi all, i just wanted to quickly add my experience because i have been pulling my hair out trying to get this to work and i finally managed! Thank you all for all the valuable information!

So in principle using the learn command via services as explained here (and in the readme) is the way to go.
For me the breaking point was this two step approach required, as described in the integration page it says:
“When the LED blinks for the first time, press and hold the button to sweep the frequency. Then wait for the LED to blink again and press the button a second time to capture the code.”

This was not the case for me, firstly it seems the button of my controller does not send a continuous signal, so i actually needed to press the buttons multiple times continuously.
And secondly, the LED does not go off after finalizing the first step, the only way for me to know the sweep is finished was to open the Notification panel in home assistant.

I am going to summarize the steps i took where i managed to consistently correctly save the frequency:

1. Go to Developer tools → services, select learn command and as service data send something like this:
entity_id: remote.rm_pro_remote
device: somename
command: 'on'
command_type: rf
timeout: 30
  1. Click on “Call Service” button. (the led on the broadlink device should light up)
  2. Click on “Notification” in the side panel of home assistant (it should show one notification)
  3. Start spamming the button of the RF remote you want to learn, so pressing it multiple times every … 1 second
  4. After ~5 to 10 seconds the notification panel should collapse (so the first message disappears), this means the first step (the sweep should be finished). In my case the LED of the broadlink device is still on (so it does not go off at any moment during the process). As soon as the notification panel collapses (is hidden) i stop pressing the remote button and i wait for a couple of seconds.
  5. Then I press the remote button once (short press) and the LED on the broadlink device goes out. At this point the rf signal has been saved correctly and i can use it. I test it by selecting send_command with something like this:
entity_id: remote.rm_plus_remote
device: somename
command: on

I hope this helps someone else out, i really was going crazy trying all kind of alternatives.
Thanks for this great community!

1 Like