Broadlink RM4 pro in Android App and Home Assistant at the same time

Hello,

I have just followed the integration instructions (https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/broadlink/) but after resetting the device, the one configured in the Broadlink application is not working anymore.
The question is, is there any way to be able to use Broadlink devices from home assistant and from its own (Broadlink) application?

Thank you in advance.
Best.

1 Like

I use RM pro + and it works well in HA and in the application.
I removed Broadlink from config.yaml and integrated it, then created a switches in config.yaml and everything works.

Hello Pepe, thank you for your answer. When you say that it works in the application you mean in the Broadlink application, right?

You removed Broadlink from config and then you used the integrations section of Home Assistant?

Sorry for my noob questions!

Thank you again.
Best

1 Yes Broadlink application
2 Yes integrations section of Home Assistant

I have no broadlink entry in my configuration.yaml and I already have the integration installed. But one of the steps of the integration was to restart the device because it is Loocked and not ending the process to finish the integration.
Fortunately I have found in the broadlink app, in the rm4 options one tick to disable the lock without restarting the device:

So now I have both, the app and the integration. Thanks pepe!

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Broadlink with Energie plug

I think it depends on the Broadlink device you are using.

I have an RM3 and it will work in both HA and the Broadlink app, but the RM4 uses a different API and when it connects to the Broadlink cloud it blocks local LAN comms.

This change came in about 8 months ago, so any Broadlink RM bought after then may have this issue.

1 Like

can confirm my rm4’s break in home assistant when added to the broadlink app.
When just setup in home assistant they work well.

1 Like

Can you check if you have the option I have uploaded in the image to “Unlock” the RM4?
It’s working for me now…
Thank you.

The latest version of the Broadlink app (the one with the blue icon, not IHC or e-Control) has an option in the device settings to unlock the device (i.e. the RM4 pro or whatever), and make it visible on the LAN.

1 Like

Thanks - I will have to have a look - more relevant I suppose if I buy a new one.

Hey All ,

So I initially tried setting up RM4 Pro in HA and gave up and have been using in the app . Thought I would give some time and it looks a bit better . On here it says in the latest version to unlock and my HA is asking me too . But I cannot find the unlock in the app anywhere . Noticed a May2021 update . Can someone tell me how to do it . and are we now back to only being able to use in HA or APP but not both ? any help appreciated - many thanks

PS running latest version of HA …