Browser_mod.popup and deviceID, need HELPPPPP

Hi Everybody,
I am trying to use browser_mod.popup to show some entities on specific devices (I have 2-3 tablets with fullykiosk), however I am only able to show on all the tablets or show on specific tablets with a specify ID
I would like to show the popup only on the tablet that the function should be triggered (and that depends on what tablet I am using, so I can’t set it fixed to a specific ID)

This works fine (only show the popup on that specific device)

service: browser_mod.popup
data:
  title: this a test
  card:
    type: entity
    entity: sensor.kitchen_contactsensor_power
  deviceID:
      - 48a3acd6-40fbb0aa

This also works fine (it shows the popup on all my devices)

data:
  card:

This I can’t make it work (somehow I need to get the ID of the device in a dynamic way, depending on the different tablet I am using

data:
  card:
  deviceID:
      - THE_ID_OF_THE TABLET_I_AM_USING_AT_THE_MOMENT

Thanks for any help

You haven’t said how you are calling this service from the tablet - is this via a button on the frontend (Lovelace)?

If that is the case, then you can use the fire-dom-event from a tap-action, and it will only popup on the device from which it is called.

Otherwise, if you have set up Fully Kiosk on each tablet, then you should be able to get its deviceID dynamically as an attribute of the sensor that is automatically created for it in HA i.e. {{ state_attr('sensor.your_fully_kiosk_tablet', 'deviceID' }}. Or have I misunderstood what you are trying to do?

Sorry, you right, I forgot to mention that I am calling the service on the frontend (lovelace), from a clickable image that is inside a picture_element card

I tried your suggestion of fire-dom-event, and works perfectly

Many thanks :slight_smile: