Building new integration for our smart heating? Advice?

In our apartment our landlords installed a system from iolite which provides both native apps and a tablet in the hall to control the heating.

I would like to hook this into home assistant to get a fully unified experience.

I’ve reverse engineered the Android app and completed an OAuth dance with their kit and get the same UI on my browser as I did on my phone… which is a react app with some controls etc.

from inspection it looks like its using WebSockets to perform heating adjustments etc.

{"requestID":"ActionRequest_0.REDACTED","modelID":"http://iolite.de#Environment","class":"ActionRequest","objectQuery":"devices[id='REDACTED']/properties[name='heatingTemperatureSetting']","actionName":"requestValueUpdate","parameters":[{"class":"ValueParameter","value":"18"}]}

Are there any integrations that use websockets that I could use for inspiration?

I think there is a remote homeassistant custom component that uses the hass websocket, you might look at that for inspiration?

Thanks @garbled1 - what one is that?

Managed to get my first attempt at changing the temperature via websockets - writing python feels so weird to me coming from other languages.