Busch Jaeger 6736/01 lower buttons

Cheers,

I’m currently testing a BJ 6736/01 (double rockers) as a switch replacement. The device has been successfully recognized (as “RB01”), but it appears to only offer off/on events for the top buttons in ZHA. The bottom buttons do not generate events and do a blinking pattern that implies some sort of error.

Has someone gotten these ones running and can tell me what I’m missing? The manual only allows for manual linking of devices to a scene button.

Thanks in advance!

Might have just solved it by googling differently and finding the model numbers by accident. I’ll try it out for easy googleability.

Turns out to be slightly more complicated as expected since the ZHA integration doesn’t offer nearly as intuitive a control as zigbee2mqtt does, as I have yet to figure out how to unbind said bindings.

@towo did you find any solution to this afterwards? Have exactly the same problem for a while. Thanks!

Haven’t really invested more time in this yet, I’m sorry to say. Switch is currently shelved and waiting for motivation to fiddle with this to come knocking.

I am trying since a while to get all four rows of the 4-gang Busch Jaeger switch 6737-84 working in Home Assistant with a SkyConnect Zigbee dongle and ZHA.

ZHA pairs with the switch and it appears as device RB01.

But most often only the top row gets connected to ZHA after pairing and emits on/off events when I press the upper left/right buttons.

I reset the switch to factory settings, paired again and sometimes two or three rows are recognized, but never all four.

I followed section ‘Bottom row of 4-gang device not bound’ of https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/devices/6735_6736_6737.html: I.e.: unbinding the device from the ZHA controller ‘Silicon Labs EZSB’ and binding the four rows to four groups I created in ZHA.

I manage to unbind and subsequently bind to the groups but actions do not get displayed in ZHA when I press the buttons.

I noticed that the binding to the groups worked since the switch is not showing errors by blinking LEDs anymore after successful binding to the groups.

When I press a switch button after binding to a group it is on permanently for two seconds, just as for normal operation.

Before activating unbind or bind commands in HA/ZHA, I press and hold the upper left and upper right buttons until the don’t blink anymore but are on permanently.

Subsequent unbind and bind commands work in this mode.