C By GE (Bluetooth - Native Google Home Support) - Integrate with Hassio?

i had a similar issue so i attached a timestamp and executed the switch. that seems to fix my issue

Does anyone trust this code? Sends the credentials to a Chinese website? :cold_face: See hass-gelight/getconfig.py at 0424b1d015b9451517390eeb9a10cab2f6b2b287 · yangqian/hass-gelight · GitHub

seems outdated

How did you get the CbyGEs integrated to HA?

I’m using Node-red and Alexa integration with module “alexa-remote-smarthome”

I know this is an older thread but I just found out and wanted to share that xlink (the Chinese site it’s directing you’re credentials to) is the API cloud server used by C by GE. If you look at the code used by unixpickle for his reverse engineered C by GE api, it directs you to https://api.gelighting.com. gelighting.com is obviously Cync’s website and api.gelighting.com directs you to xlink. I did I little web research to confirm all this true, but obviously I’m some random dude on the net so I’d recommend a little research yourselves vs taking my word for it, lol.

Anyhow, I’d also like to direct everyone to unixpickle’s api as they’ve seems to have gotten farther than anyone else I’ve found as to developing something that would make a good C by GE/HA integration

Hopefully someone will a better skill set that I possess finds it useful

If anyone is interested, I created an addon and integration that work together to control Cync dimmer switches. I only have dimmer switches, but I think the addon should work with non-dimming switches and cync light bulbs as well, although I have never tested them. The integration creates a light entity for each room you have set up in your Cync app. The addon monitors the state of these switches and updates the HA state. I use Google Assistant text commands to control the light switches, so you will need to connect your Cync account to Google Home. I recommend creating a whole new google account for this purpose. Here’s a link to the integration and addon:

https://github.com/nikshriv/cync_lights

2 Likes

I too have an addon I’ve used in the past (but don’t currently)

Uses https://github.com/juanboro/cync2mqtt as the underlying method of control.

Only works with BTLE Cync/C by GE lamps (static, tunable white, and RGB) - direct Bluetooth communication from the host to the Cync mesh.

Can be found at https://github.com/zimmra/cync2mqtt-docker, Follow juanboros instructions to initially get config file, then place it in /config/cync2mqtt/cync_mesh.yaml and run the addon

Obviously depends on mqtt broker and integration being setup

Check out the most recent version of my Cync lights integration:

The new version requires that you have at least one Wifi connected switch or plug in your system. It no longer uses Google Home to control the switches. It is capable of controlling both Wifi and bluetooth devices. I have also included access to the built in motion sensors on dimmers that include them. Try it out and let me know if there are any issues by posting on the Github page.

5 Likes

I just installed the integration and it’s working! This is great!

For my light bulb group, it takes about ~30 seconds to actually turn the lights on from when I flip the switch on my dashboard though. Otherwise, it works flawlessly for me.

I have been trying to connect my Cync bulbs to home assistant all day, but i am getting a few errors when i try to configure. I’ve been looking around and can’t find a solution to these problems. Maybe you can take a look?

2023-02-27 10:14:10.631 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration cync_lights which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2023-02-27 10:14:10.632 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration hacs which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2023-02-27 10:14:57.426 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error unloading entry cync_lights_EMAIL for binary_sensor
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 533, in async_unload
    result = await component.async_unload_entry(hass, self)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/binary_sensor/__init__.py", line 175, in async_unload_entry
    return await component.async_unload_entry(entry)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 181, in async_unload_entry
    raise ValueError("Config entry was never loaded!")
ValueError: Config entry was never loaded!
2023-02-27 10:14:57.429 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error unloading entry cync_lights_EMAIL for switch
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 533, in async_unload
    result = await component.async_unload_entry(hass, self)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/switch/__init__.py", line 89, in async_unload_entry
    return await component.async_unload_entry(entry)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 181, in async_unload_entry
    raise ValueError("Config entry was never loaded!")
ValueError: Config entry was never loaded!

Can’t control bt bulbs. Only wofo plug in my setup.

3x bt bulbs and 1 wifi/bt plug, I have an issue open but haven’t received a response.

Looking to use this, but the integration seems abandoned.

I created a lcoal only Cync controller. It does require DNS redirection and MQTT. See GitHub - baudneo/cync-lan: Local async MQTT controller for Cync / C by GE smart devices - designed for home assistant.

1 Like