Can't access Hass web page from another computer on LAN

I’m moving my primary Hass from a RPi 4 to a NUC 10 (fresh install). I got the NUC setup and running fine and can pull up the Hass web page and work with it locally on the NUC. Problem is I can’t pull up the NUC’s Hass from my desktop computer. My desktop has no problem accessing the Hass on the RPi or on a virtual machine instance on one of my other computers.

The browser fails to load the Hass page with the error “This site can’t be reached”.

Here’s the NUC setup:

• NUC 10, M.2 SSD, 16GB RAM
  • Ubuntu Desktop 20.04 (64 bit)
  • static IP set (and reserved on the router)
  • hardwired to the LAN, NUC’s wifi & BT disabled (for now)
  • installed Hass Supervised from instructions in the Home Assistant Community

My desktop PC setup:

• Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
  • hardwired to the LAN
  • typical home LAN network sharing enabled

Here’s what works:

• from my PC I can access the RPi Hass on the LAN and control it just fine
  • from my PC I can access another “demo” Hass in a Linux VM on another computer on my LAN
  • from my PC I can SSH shell into my NUC and work with Ubuntu fine

So my PC can access pretty much anything on my LAN except the Hass front end on my NUC.

Here’s what I’ve tested:

• pinging the NUC from my desktop is successful
  • my Google Chrome browser is synced and the same Chrome shortcut I use on the NUC to access Hass successfully fails on my PC
  • as far as I can tell the NUC’s Ubuntu Sharing is setup (it’s allowing me to SSH anyway)

To be clear, I am not asking for support for Home Assistant Supervised. I suppose the Supervised install could have some thing to do with the problem, but it is running fine and the Hass front end is accessible on the NUC locally. Since I can access the NUC from my PC, I’m wondering if there is something specific to the NUC or Ubuntu that is preventing another computer on the LAN from opening the NUC’s Hass web page.

Anyone have any ideas?

So, I think I can rule out the NUC as being the culprit in preventing my desktop computer from connecting to the Hass install on the NUC. I was able to successfully install a VM of Hass on the NUC and connect to it just fine from my desktop PC. Still not sure why a direct install onto Ubuntu on the NUC can’t be connected to. Hass is so darn temperamental it’s really hard to gain any confidence in it at all.