Cant call any <get/set/clear> user-code services on ZWave Devices (trying to automate Schlage BE469 lock)

Any service I call on my ZWave (Schlage BE469) locks returns an error

(“Failed to call service”)

The trace back i get is:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 130, in handle_call_service
    connection.context(msg),
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1235, in async_call
    await asyncio.shield(self._execute_service(handler, service_call))
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1262, in _execute_service
    await self._hass.async_add_executor_job(handler.func, service_call)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zwave/lock.py", line 175, in set_usercode
    lock_node = network.nodes[node_id]
KeyError: 3

The “KeyError” is the return value thrown, and seems to always be the node_id i input (I have 3 locks, all the same brand)

Why can I not get/set user codes?

calling the lock.lock/unlock service works with no problem, and my other automations, which work on detecting a lock/unlock event also work well. So the devices are working, but the usercodes set/get/clear always return this error.

INFO:

System: Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS
Home Assistant V: 0.98.4

Any help or debugging suggestions welcome. Ive been trying to resolve this for 7h straight :cry:

Hi Philip,

Have you solved this? I have pretty much the same issue - but I cannot even call lock/unlock services. I receive ‘failed to call service’ no matter what I try and test out on my BE469 locks (I have 2 identical).

I’m new to HA, and just recently got it all setup with my ZWave Aeon Labs Aeotec USB stick Gen5. I see the Zwave configured and I see devices listed on my overview panel or under devices. Just stuck now how I start calling services with ZWave.

Been able to do so with my Roku TV (turn on/off) - but that’s the only thing that has worked. Am still reading through the forums and just signed up to ask this question to you as I came across your post.

Thanks for your help!
-M

We have the same locks and same z-wave stick, but If you cant even unlock it it may not be the same issue.

Google “adding Z wave secure node” or check that in your BE469 instructions and make sure you add the lock as a “secure node”.

Also, welcome to home assistant :stuck_out_tongue:

RE: calling services.

Services for Zwave are no different than any other service you might call in HA.
Under dev-tools/services

Try calling lock.lock or lock.unlock and putting in the entity_id of your lock

Hi Philip,

Thanks for the quick response!

Yeah I figured ZWave should operate just like calling any other service - but it’s giving me some trouble so far. Will try what you have suggested and google some more information to see if I can figure it out. If I can’t - I may reach out to you again if you don’t mind, or start a new thread on the community forum.

Cheers!
-M