Can't connect to cloud after upgrading to most recent 2021.12.08

I’m running home assistant in a TrueNas Core jail, and after upgrading to python 3.9 and most recent version of HA (2021.12.08) cloud connectivity is not working anymore:

root@hass:/home/hass/homeassistant # service homeassistant restart
Testing configuration at /home/hass/homeassistant
Failed config
  General Errors:
    - Component error: cloud - /srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.9/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/_openssl.abi3.so: Undefined symbol "SSLv3_client_method"

Help please.

This is the source of the problem, but I haven’t found a solution yet:

>>> import OpenSSL
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.9/site-packages/OpenSSL/__init__.py", line 8, in <module>
    from OpenSSL import crypto, SSL
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.9/site-packages/OpenSSL/crypto.py", line 17, in <module>
    from OpenSSL._util import (
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.9/site-packages/OpenSSL/_util.py", line 6, in <module>
    from cryptography.hazmat.bindings.openssl.binding import Binding
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.9/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl/binding.py", line 14, in <module>
    from cryptography.hazmat.bindings._openssl import ffi, lib
ImportError: /srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.9/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/_openssl.abi3.so: Undefined symbol "SSLv3_client_method"

Started a new jail from scratch and it works now.

I am having a very similar issue, but starting a new jail is not an option for me. Are there any freebsd experts out there, who know what might cause this?
I am using Freebsd 13.1-RELEASE on both the host and the jail and the newest homeassistant 2022.5.5

I could fix my problem by updating my python version to 3.10.
So generally speaking it could be worth an attempt to upgrade everything to the newest version