Can't find new device?

This is the only thing in my file

You’re basically saying:

and

are the same device because when created, you get: 1. zwave.xxx and 2. switch.xxx entitiy_ids, depending on the device. I just happened to change the names.

So it seems that my second device was never discovered? I do remember seeing a discovery when I hooked it up.

Anyway, a bit confusing on my part.

If I delete this, does the “Integrations zwave” get restored as original?

Should I delete this?

OK…

Since things have gotten a bit confused with all of the changes you’ve tried what I would do at this point is remove node 2 by going to the configuration->z-wave area and click on “remove node” then do what ever your device needs to remove itself from the z wave network.

then restart HA.

Then go back to the configuration->z-wave area to make sure the node 2 has been removed. The only zwave device that should be there is node 1 which is the controller.

Then go to the configuration->entity registry area and delete any entities related to the (now removed) node 2 that might still show up there. I’m not sure if those entries get removed automatically when you remove a node. I think they should be but the whole “entity registry” thing has been a mystery ever since its inception.

restart HA.

once you are done with that the only node you should have is node 1 (the controller) and the only zwave related entity_ids you should have is the one related to the controller.

After all of that then you can try to re-pair the zwave outlet that used to be node 2. The way the zwave controller works is that it will jump over any previously used node numbers even if those devices have been removed. So the node number of the device you pair won’t be node 2. it will be the next available never before used node number.

If any of that doesn’t result in the way I described it then stop and jump back here and we’ll try to figure it out.

so, any updates? working? not working?

Sorry been busy with some home stuff that got bumped to top of my list.
I will have some time after work saturday to give it a shot. Been re reading some of the documents too.

I’ll have an update sunday.

Thank you!

1 Like

Good new, I was able to pair the other wall outlet thanks to your help!!

one hiccup though, I am not able to control it?
Here are the entity Ids:
There are two here: Original and new outlet

This is where I would hope to see another switch controller:

I also added the Aeotec TriSensor but not sure what entity to use?

So after restarting HA a few times and coming back to it, the switch has recognized the new node and I can control it. There are now two Switch control toggle buttons :slight_smile:

*Weird thing tho, the plug outlets have two receptacles for appliances, but why does the bottom receptacle work and not the top one? This is true for both of the outlets.

Still not sure what to do for the TriSensor?
Which one? Obviously not the “Alarm Type”

I assume that the trisensor is for motion, luminance & temperature so the sensors you would use are “binary_sensor…sensor”, “sensor…_luminance”, “sensor…_temperature”.

But I can only add ONE of these.

Do I also add to the config.yaml file?

I don’t know what you mean…

Where can you “only add one of these”?

I can only select one of these and I don’t know which one?
I mean I know it’s not the Alarm or Burglar

I’m really sorry. I don’t understand what you are trying to do.

why are you in the entity registry area? Are you trying to add an entity to your lovelace frontend?

I think I need to add/adjust something to make this “Unknown Node 4” active. It’s not working. It’s been discovered but Nothing Set such as: motion, temperature, light. Where do I add this? Lot’s of options from these screen shots but I can only select one. There is no UI that allows me to select all three at the same time (motion, temperature, light). I’m afraid if I start selecting, I’ll end up with a mess and have to remove nodes again. Plus, Once it is working, how am able to see temperature,motion, light?

Too many options?? But can only select 1 (but I have 3 sensors, motion, temperature, light). Entity Unavailable,why? (which one do I select since I can only select 1)?

Entities of this node? There are no options

It looks to me like there is something wrong with the trisensor.

If you look in your screenshots from previously the entities are all there and listed. In the next set of screenshots it ways that it’s unavailable. You’ll need to figure out why it went from available (entities listed) to unavailable.

The entity_id’s that are in the entity registry area are from the items being discovered initially so you can likely ignore those until you get your node communicating with the zwave controller again.

I will try contacting the manufacturer and a Google search.

Can I add anything in my config yaml file that will overwrite anything? I feel like the UI is becoming more used, but leaving out the back end of things if the front end UI doesn’t work is not a good habit to get into.

I dont think its a vvackend or frontend problem. I thinks its at least an operator problem (no offense) or possibly a hardware problem.

I’m not sure how you would add anything to the configuration.yaml file to get it working if you can’t even pair the device with the controller…

No offense taken. I appreciate your help.

It is weird how it’s discovered but not paired. I am going to just start selecting some options and see if I can get it to pair.

There is a little button inside the sensor that didn’t even look like a button. That’s what made it sync.
It now works, but trying to get my lights to turn on with the motion sensor.

Overview:

Automations.yaml

Tried this too

Also tried the burglar one as well…NO screen shot

Am I missing something?

there should also be a binary sensor associated with the tri sensor that will change when it detects motion.

none of those sensors you are trying will have ‘on’ as the state. the sensor.xxx_sourcenode_id and zwave.xxx entities shouldn’t ever change state. the burglar sensor might change (go from 0 to 255 or something) when motion is detected.

I would try to find the associated binary sensor tho and use that.

Entered binary

Since I turn my RPI off after playing with it, I have to re sync my tri motion sensor every time I turn it back on.

I noticed that my Switches were not staying on ( my couch light and back room light). I would turn them on via UI Switch ( but no lights turned on) but after a few seconds the Switches (UI) turned themselves back off.
Once I re synced the Tri motion sensor, I was able to turn lights on/off via Switch UI. I also got this notice.

Should I try one of these?

Just seems to be used for testing?

More options: