Change ip of integrations

I am really angry and swearing when i want to change the ip of any integration like ZHA or MQTT, they must be deleted and added and configured again with new ip address. congrats and thanks

I like HA, but it is often very inconsistent

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, czechdude.

Well, that anger and the swearings could have been diminished by proper planning, not only in regards to clarifying the ip-ranges to be used with your Iot-devices in advance.

There should be no real reason left to change an ip address for any smart home device once assigned if proactively planned.

Hi , Just wait until you decide to add a separate WAN/LAN/WIFI to all IoT devices and then migrate olds ones while still having functional setup
For me it is still a sweet pain and I wish I planned for this but I did not know i will end-up with so many devices

So, i will give an option to do this without deleting and adding back, but please do not follow me because there are some risks involved.

Under .storage/config_entries.yaml file, you can find everything about configuration of each integration and you can manually update it. You can easily screw the file and totally broke your HA :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thanks, I went also this way in the end.

And it worked? You didn’t screw anything, right?