Changing initial state of auto discovered items

I have tried so many different way to prevent my Apple TV turning on which causes the TV to change to the AV channel whilst my wife is watch terrestrial, hence I’m not very popular.

It seems that on ‘Discovery’ when I initially installed hassio it created a ‘media_player.living_room’ from my lounge Apple TV and placed that in a ‘group.all_remotes’ along with my kitchen Apple TV and Logitech music player.

After a restart both Apple TV’s start as on.

How can I change this initial state.

The only reference I can see is in the customize.yaml file is
remote.living_room: {}
remote.kitchen_atv: {}

in Developer Tools I can see this

[media_player.kitchen_atv]     idle

media_duration: 0
media_position: 0
media_title: Nothing playing
friendly_name: Kitchen ATV
supported_features: 21427

[media_player.living_room] idle media_duration: 0 media_position: 0 media_title: Nothing playing friendly_name: Living Room supported_features: 21427

It’s all in the docs

thank you, ill take a look

OK, now I understand what’s causing it, how can I remove the ATV’s from hassio as I don’t need them and can’t find an entry in the .yaml files to edit.

Again… it’s all in the docs;

Thanks again sjee that worked, Ive just tried to search for Discovery in http://home-assistant.io and all that comes up is ‘MQTT Discovery’, I must be doing something wrong when I search for information because I never found this page you,ve link to above.

Yeah, seach on the HA site isn’t very good but google finds all the docs as well :wink:

Glad it works!

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll remember that.

Hi
I’ve just read the thread about apple tv starting after hassio startup and I would like you to answer a question please. Where do I put the “start_off: true” if my apple tv was found automatically?

thank for you time to look at this

Phil