Cheap wifi ip camera

looks like an onvif based cam ui

It gives me a

Error 404: Not Found
invalid request

page.

thnx for your help:)

thnxx:) for the link

I have a Keekoon KK002 camera and would want to configure it with my home assistant i have try but was not able to display the camera image in HA

can someone please assist me with this

below is the camera config add to my configuration.yaml file

1 Like

I have found this to work pretty consistently on no-name ip cameras:

- platform: mjpeg
  mjpeg_url: http://192.168.1.205:13105/videostream.cgi?user=admin&pwd=xxxxxx
  username: admin
  password: xxxxxx
  authentication: basic
  name: 406_south
2 Likes

Thanks for you assistance, I have add the config as mention by you but still no joy

What I have notices is that the file extension are different

My camera provides the video feed on .ASP and config provided by you and on other blog on different sites and HA example have .CGI

would that be the issue

ASP is a proprietary Microsoft protocol, CGI is a generic protocol. MOST cameras will speak CGI. The ASP stuff may just be for the Windows viewing software that came with your camera.
My only suggestion at this time is try to determine which CGI commands your particular camera will respond to. Take a look at this page https://www.ispyconnect.com/man.aspx?n=keekoon that lists some of the commands your camera will accept.

1 Like

Thanks for all your help it works
really appreciate your help

I realize this is an old thread, but I will share my Wansview camera configuration for those searching.

camera:

The still image uses digest authentication but the stream takes username and pass in the URL.

1 Like

If you have a raspberry pi, probably you can have the cheapest option with an endoscope usb camera connected to a RPI.

I had one connected to see the state of a swimming pool working fine with “motion” (sudo apt-get motion") integrated in web-piligh.

PROS:

• No need for power supply. Only USB cable, that can be inside “house tubes”
  • Up to 4 cameras in one raspberry
  • Great security solution for power-cut atack (you only need a battery bank-power feeding the raspberry)
  • probably lowest power comsuption
  • great motion detect solution (with motion and ffmpeg)
  • versatile (you can do what you want with ffmpeg, like a webcam). I.e. only take a few shots when a motion, and send the pictures by pushbullet…
  • very cheap. You can find 2 meters options from 5€ up to 15 meters
  • can easyly find external IP68 options.
  • only-one NAS service (the SD of the raspberry for all the cameras).

CONS:

• low quality (optical, resolution, framerate)
  • no fish-eye view, no infrared.
  • Up to 15 meters from the Raspberry. You have to plan where to put the RPI and the cameras…
  • 4 usb cameras with 720p + LAN can reach USB throughput limits.

Some recomendations:

Its very very important to select a endoscope camera that has big “focal distance”, because usually they are for few focus at a few centimeters. This is probably the more difficult to find in those cameras.

For those that want this, recent ffmpeg versions has h264 hardware encode option that can drastically reduce CPU, and maybe you could run even HA + all ffmpeg/motion stuff in one system.

Funny enough I just can’t make myself buy a wifi camera for more than 25-30$, which are non existent as it seems. Or they offer some really crappy 480p or at best 720p quality.

For around 30-50$ depending on exact parts and all you can buy a raspberry pi zero (or OrangePi - even cheaper), 1080p camera module with IR support, and a case if you need one. If all you need is just a wifi camera - then installing MotionEyeOS is trivial.

DIY part of this will take just a bit more time than setting up a regular wifi camera.

I have an unlabeled chinese P2P cam that uses that url with an ActiveX control (via internet explorer) to view live video and audio at 1080p with 30fps [with controls for resolution, brightness, contrast, and detail, multi-camera tiling, muting or sound]

this is another interesting URL match

as is this possibly related stack post

I myself have been unable to find a suitable path port combination for RTSP (via VLC).

From it’s settings page /setting.asp I changed the port as verizon was not allowing connection with port 80.

however when I changed the port, subsequently creating port forward, the android apps would not access the camera outside the lan :frowning:

hdminicampro is the least horrible, non-malware android app (as of version 1.9.2 s)

The top iframe of settings is
IPCam 209
Ver 1.9.8 D

Which is all the more interesting as I bought it in April 2018.

system about slightly redacted

|Device SN|22C0nnnnnn|
| --- | --- |
|Hardware Version|2.0|
|Firmware Version|1.9.8 D|
|UID|CM7BF0-1B25nnnnnnnn-nnnnnn|
|Lan MAC||
|WiFi MAC|fc:ee:e6:nnnnnn|

I am not thrilled having had to setup a windows 10 machine for internet explorer 10 to use an ActiveX control. There is another stream URL but it is lower FPS at 1080p without sound

/video/livemb.asp

While /video/liveplg.asp can be video-only viewed with android browser the controls cannot be actuated. Viewed by any desktop browser the video is not available replaced by a prompt to download a windows installation wrapper for ActiveX control.

the firmware update page flippantly warns not to use wifi - which is the only interface.

palemoon NPAPI will not pickup the control :frowning:

It is probably the same instructions they give for all of their cameras.

its likely that its an onvif camera.

You could try “onvif device manager” in windows or “onvifer” on Android to see if there’s an easy way to get in!

Many of the Onvif cameras seem to default to an activex view unless they offer a mobile version also.

1 Like