Check home assistant configuration FAILS

Hi, not sure if this is the correct category. Running a home assistant configuration check before upgrading to 110.1 but it fails with these messages. I’m not at all sure on how to proceed. HA 106.5 is running on a raspbian, installed as docker. Let me know what else you may need to know.

[11:51:11] INFO: Don't worry, this temporary installation is not overwriting your current one.
[11:51:11] INFO: Installing Home Assistant: latest...
[11:51:11] INFO: Please be patient, this might take a few minutes...
[11:53:01] INFO: Installed Home Assistant 0.110.1
[11:53:01] INFO: Making a copy of your configuration for checking...
[11:54:09] INFO: Checking your configuration against this version...
[11:57:26] ERROR: The configuration check did not pass!
[11:57:26] ERROR: See the output below for more details.
Testing configuration at /tmp/config
   command: /usr/local/bin/python -u -c 'import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'/tmp/pip-install-_8pwfye1/lxml/setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'/tmp/pip-install-_8pwfye1/lxml/setup.py'"'"';f=getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' bdist_wheel -d /tmp/pip-wheel-mr74qomp
       cwd: /tmp/pip-install-_8pwfye1/lxml/
  Complete output (89 lines):
  Building lxml version 4.3.4.
  Building without Cython.
  ERROR: b'/bin/sh: xslt-config: not found\n'
  ** make sure the development packages of libxml2 and libxslt are installed **
  
  Using build configuration of libxslt
  running bdist_wheel
  running build
  running build_py
  creating build
  creating build/lib.linux-armv7l-3.7
grep: write error: Broken pipe
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.

there are some breaking changes. you need to find out which module or integrations need to be fixed

Oh I thought it meant the tool failed. How could I figure out what needs to be fixed? I really don’t have a lot at all in terms of custom configuration. We’re talking a few rows.

@tigersoul - i was running into a very similar issue. Took me wayyy too much time to figure out but I was importing a whole env_file into my docker container. When i backed out and did a run instead of a compose - it worked fine. When I stopped importing the whole .env and cherry picked a few variables, it started working again.

not saying this is your entire issue, but it might be worth checking! I’d start over with just a barebones docker run command with a new config dir, then start adding on pieces and seeing when it starts failing. Then you can redo the docker run or docker-compose and pare the broken bits.

After what feels like an unacceptably long time, I figured out the problem being a custom extension that had to be updated. Lesson learned: use HACS.