Climate component causes lockup

I have HB and HA installed in separate docker containers. HB is up to date (homebridge 0.4.38 and home assistant plugin 3.1.0). I’m using the docker image oznu/homebridge. HA and HB are both working and I can access the components in HB that I expose from HA. The platforms section of config.json is this:

"platforms": [
    {
        "platform": "HomeAssistant",
        "name": "HomeAssistant",
        "host": "redacted",
        "password": "redacted",
        "default_visibility": "visible",
        "supported_types": [
            "alarm_control_panel",
            "light",
            "lock",
            "switch"
        ],
        "logging": true,
        "verify_ssl": false
    }

Everything works. However, if I add "climate", to "supported_types": all of my devices in the Home app stop responding. Some will update with the correct state initially, but then there is no control, nor feedback or further updating. I will frequently get the spinning gear then after about a minute it will show the exclamation mark on the device. Also other devices will just be stuck saying “Updating…”. What’s weird is the climate components were working up until today when I restarted a few of my containers for other unrelated configuration changes. Also when it was working I only had a climate device in the home app but the temperature and set point were always off by 1 degree from what they actually were. Now when I add the climate component into HB, the temperature and set point seem correct but I get a fan as well.

Is there further configuration I need to do in HB or HA? Is this a bug others are also seeing?

On HA side you can customize regarding homebridge in customize.yaml or where your customize located.
By following https://github.com/home-assistant/homebridge-homeassistant what need and how to set in each platform.

Yes I’m aware of HB entity customizing within HA. I use it to hide certain entities from HB. Unfortunately this is not a helpful suggestion to the issue I am experiencing.

if you can show the customize on HA side alarm_control_panel, light, lock, switch. according to support types you have set in HB config.json.

My issue is when the climate component is added to my ‘config.json’ for HB, it causes my HB setup to hang and not update devices in the Home app on my iPhone.

My issue has nothing to do with customizing.

EDIT: I mention seeing additional devices when adding the climate component to my config.json. In no way did I mean this to be my issue. This was just an observation I made saying the climate component in HB is now behaving differently than it did before and I have made no other changes in HB or HA. The more serious issue I am experiencing is the fact that once I add the climate component in HB, all components in the Home app stop responding and most are stuck saying “Updating…”.

Did you ever figure out what was causing the issue?

Mine is doing the same thing :frowning:

no and I haven’t tried it again since. I only use HB and Siri/Home for control of lights really, so it’s not a big deal to me.

Does anybody have the NEST Thermostat working in Home.
Here is my Json Config, is this how everybody else is doing it?
Any advice would be appreciated, if I add this component to home it freezes every device I have.

{
“bridge”: {
“name”: “Home Assistant”,
“username”: “B8:27:EB:AE:C2:F6”,
“port”: 51826,
“pin”: “111-11-111”
},
“description”: “Homebridge for Home Assistant”,
“accessories”: [],
“platforms”: [
{
“platform”: “HomeAssistant”,